Lombax Warrior
70 posts

Re: Content Filter

Apr 10, 2014

ND should look at giving us a fully UNCENSORED version for the EU / PAL region first before putting any extra (albeit optional) censorships in place.

Also, this raises the age old (and hilarious) issue.

So in an M, or 18, rated game, you're saying it's totally fine for CHILDREN, who are younger than the classified rating, to see:

- Shotgun wounds that cause intestines to rupture though the stomach wall.

- A man GETTING HIS FACE TORN OFF.

- A 14 year old girl getting killed in numerous graphically violent ways, with lots of blood.

- And much, much more.

But hearing a few swear words is unacceptable?

Look in a mirror, you're insane.

Shedding light on SCE/SCEE's policy of blanket EU censorship.

We don't accept the wall of silence!

http://sceuncut.tumblr.com - http://facebook.com/sceuncut - http://twitter.com/sceuncutblog
Message 111 of 118 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2014

I am in total agreement here.  I plan on buying a PS4, and am really hoping a content filter is added to this game this time.  I have not played it, other than watching a bit at a friends, and sorry, the F bomb thing is just plain annoying.  Even amongst adults.  It adds nothing.

I'm a 46 year old father of 2, and anyone out there who thinks the language thing is the same as gore, you don't have kids, or a family do you?  Even when the kids are asleep, or away, neither my wife nor I need to continually hear this type of language coming form the family room TV.  Instead of M rated, it should be IM rated for immature, as that's how anyone that uses that much profane language continually should be labeled.

I really want to buy this new version when it hits the shelves, but no way if some type of filter is not available.

BigRam0110 wrote:

I am the wife of user BigRam0110. My husband and our teen son came home with this game today. I came on looking for a way to filter out the language. There are a lot of gamers who like these types of games but don't like to hear the F word every 30 seconds. Vulgarity is really not necessary to enjoy a game and I would appreciate a filter as well. Thank you

Steve
Message 112 of 118 (320 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

May 11, 2014

To all the people who keep saying that the cursing is appropriate in context because "you'd be cursing too if zombies were trying to kill you", can you not enjoy the game unless you have someone standing by to punch, bite, beat you with a 2x4, etc, so that the game is more "authentic and realistic" experience for you? If not, well, you really wouldn't miss anything without the cursing. You can throw in your own curse words at the appropriate places. Smiley Wink

To all those who say that think it is silly to object to cursing while being fine with the simulated violence, have you considered that there are people who try to not curse in everyday life who find themselves more likely to let an f-bomb slip if they listen to profanity every night for a week working their way through a game? Relatively few have problems with slipping and beating someone up, by contrast. There are also people who could lose their jobs if they drop an f-bomb at the wrong place- which we are all more likely to do if they hear it alot.

Message 113 of 118 (285 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 31, 2014

I've actually been waiting for Naughty Dog to release a profanity filter patch for this game. Everyone says it's like the best game ever, but I know I wont enjoy it because of how much profanity it has. Just watching a lets play online I heard the "F" word and "Jesus'" name used multiple times over the course of three minutes. People may get up tight about this, but really it's not that hard to do. The Japanese version of "The Last Of Us" was heavily edited in Japan and contain almost no cursing before they released it there. Japan likes their media clean, so why can't we do the same? I think that new game for xBox One called "Sunset Overdrive" has a profanity filter that can be turned on or off at the menu screen. It's possible and desirable. The only question is will Naughty Dog deliver?

Also don't make the arguement that profanity makes the game better. Look how successful tv shows like the "Walking Dead" are and that has virtually no profanity.

Message 114 of 118 (215 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 10, 2015

It's 2015 - has anyone heard of a content filter for this game yet?  I just started playing the game on a PS3 (yes, I'm slow at getting to it) and the game is a real turn-off with all the profanity.  Geez...

Perhaps on the PS4?

Message 115 of 118 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1650 posts

Feb 13, 2015

you buy a game based 20 years in the future, well 18 years now, that has people struggling to survive everyday, and you expect there to be a filter for this...

i cant even fathum this.

a red fox
a red fox
^^^ ~ Click For My Channel, Leave a Comment~ ^^^
"I can't wait to get home and lay on the floor"
Message 116 of 118 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

Feb 23, 2015

Get some headphones.

Message 117 of 118 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 24, 2015

YES there should definitly be a language filter

the last of us is the best game i ever played but i am an  LDS(mormon) and i dont like listening to bad words expecialy the f bomb. it would be great for noughty dog to make a language filter

it wouldnt have to make swears go away just make an option for them to go. there are to many seriously just the demo had maybe a dozen in a five minute amount of time  

Message 118 of 118 (107 Views)