Sackboy
570 posts

Re: Content Filter

Jun 8, 2012

Exactly, that's how I got a few of my games. And some are not rated that well IMO. For example, Modern Warfare 3. It says blood and gore, but there is no gore, it's just cheap paint that bounces off peoples bodies. No gore.

And STRONG Language? I don't think so. Uncharted used more profanity than MW3.... MW3 didn't not say the F-word either, not once.

Message 11 of 118 (729 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jun 8, 2012

That's not very usual, but that's just from my own personal experiences in gaming.  Though I suppose if other people actually do look up this information to look for it, good for them.

Message 12 of 118 (729 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Jun 8, 2012

Yes. So, a content filter would probably let quite a bit more people get it. I'm 17. But yes, my parents are still, "No that games uses too much profanity". They don't care so much about the violence, it's just the language. So it is my hopes they will add a content filter. I've been looking forward to this game. So fingers crossed.

Message 13 of 118 (729 Views)
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Jun 8, 2012

JOSH55886 wrote:

Yes. So, a content filter would probably let quite a bit more people get it. I'm 17. But yes, my parents are still, "No that games uses too much profanity". They don't care so much about the violence, it's just the language. So it is my hopes they will add a content filter. I've been looking forward to this game. So fingers crossed.

If thats the case, headphones are your friend. I play with headphones regardless, if you havent done it before youd be surprised how much detail there is to be heard in sound. Every echo, creaking floorboard and click of a gun barrel is heightened and noticeable with headphones. Especially in games with tension and sound ques like TLoU.

Message 14 of 118 (729 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Jun 8, 2012

They check out games before I buy it. But heck, this game isn't coming out till next year. and if it comes out October/November like Uncharted did, I'll be 18. And I'll be buying it, no matter what they tell me. But I know. I've watched videos online, even just movie trailers, and I noticed sounds I hadn't heard before without the head phones.

Either way. Let's hope ND will respond to this.

Message 15 of 118 (729 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jun 8, 2012

JOSH55886 wrote:

That really sucks man.  I'd say stand up for yourself, because you're almost an adult.  I mean, 17 and you can't buy a game because of a couple swear words?  That's a tad bit ridiculous.  Not like you haven't heard the f-bomb before. 

Message 16 of 118 (728 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Jun 8, 2012

I know, that's what I say lol... But what can I do? They still suport me. I live with them.

Message 17 of 118 (728 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 8, 2012

I dislike the F-bomb too, but it was just the demo, maybe they'll tone it down for the actual game. I'll buy it, but I will wear headphones so my parents won't have to hear all the swearing, I usually play videogames after they go to bed anyway.

Message 18 of 118 (728 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Jun 8, 2012

Yeah. But I'm just for a filter. Depending on when it comes out will determine wether or not I can get it most likely, if it is without a filter.

Message 19 of 118 (728 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 9, 2012

I agree they should put in a language filter. I am fine with blood and gore. I am even fine with a couple of F bombs, but not the amount that were said in that short period of time for the demo. I understand that there are ppl out there who are fine with that strong of lanuage. I am not asking that NaughtyDog take the language out but they should at least give the option in the settings for a language filter. I dont think it would take anything away from the game at all. Excepicially if it is an option.

Message 20 of 118 (728 Views)