Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
234 posts

Re: Content Filter

Jun 14, 2012

guardiansoulbade wrote:

I dislike the F-bomb too, but it was just the demo, maybe they'll tone it down for the actual game. I'll buy it, but I will wear headphones so my parents won't have to hear all the swearing, I usually play videogames after they go to bed anyway.

To me, it's more than just covering it so my parents can't hear it. I still get to hear it and I hate it. I'm 20 and I still dislike strong language. I hear it almost everyday in person, why the heck do I need it at home anyways?

Message 31 of 114 (753 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
234 posts

Jun 14, 2012

iceyfire54312 wrote:

While i do believe the rating system is dying fast, i would support this. I'm 17 and and when ever my mom hears some form of a bad word, i get the look and she walks out. Would be nice to avoid... the dreaded look

i would think though, ND the people making E and T games for 16 years would have some form of filter

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube

I've seen the look too. I hope ND doesn't make us have to endure it any longer.

Message 32 of 114 (753 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
234 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Epic Games adds content filters to their games even though they don't mind strong language. They give you the option to not be able to hear it. At the end of the day it makes you happy to have choices. Better than removing stuff from the game because it went too far. They could just remove it with an option and make us all happy at once. I hope ND read this.

Message 33 of 114 (753 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Well, if anyone wants to join me in continually pestering naughty dog until we get a response, ive been writing them at ndi-dog@naughtydog.com.  The more of us writing and asking for a language filter, the higher our chances will be.  If anybody does this and gets a response, then we can post it.  Ive been forwarding the same message ive written to them every 2 or 3 days until i hear from them.

Message 34 of 114 (753 Views)
Sackboy
558 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Thanks Ctag, I'll mail them too.

Message 35 of 114 (753 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 19, 2012

Put my name down for those supporting a language filter.  Epic Games pulled it off great with Gears Of War 3 as it mutes out the language and makes for a much more enjoyable game.

Sadly, I first learned they were going to have heavy language when the guys with Playstation Blog interviewed Naughty Dog shortly after getting a sneak peak.  They spent a good 10+ minutes talking about how much foul language they heard.  I knew immediately that I probably would end up not enjoying the game just for that.

It's not just children hiding language from parents.  It's parents hiding language from children while they are enjoying a game too.  I for one can't stand the language.  I avoid it because too often hearing it makes you repeat it, and repeating it in my line of work is unacceptable and quite frankly disrespectful.

For those that point out how Naughty Dog is creating it for "atmosphere."  I heard this as well.  They claim they arn't putting swearing in just for the sake of swearing.  However after watching/listening to the demo, it's quite obvious the choice.  They claimed that it was for the creation of a "atmosphere," and that people would be all about cussing if the world went into an apocalypse.  Well, does that mean we need to have people spouting racial slurs at black enemies and pedofiliac comments to the girl?  The problem remains is where's the line drawn in offensive?  On who's book?  Words effect us much deeper than visuals.  Why create the divide when you can broaden the audience.

A filter will broaden the audience, and hurt noone.  If Epic can pull it off, I'm sure Naughty Dog can do it in their sleep.

Message 36 of 114 (753 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

Jun 20, 2012

Why are people against foul language, blood and gore?

[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 37 of 114 (753 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 20, 2012

I also will be mailing them. Thanks for the link!!

Message 38 of 114 (753 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 20, 2012

"I would greatly appreciate it if you would add a content filter to the game, as I"m sure others would too. And if you can't, or don't want to, I'd like to at least know why you are against adding it."

Seriously, do people really expect Naughty Dog to respond to any of these threads?

Message 39 of 114 (753 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jun 22, 2012

MikeBoyz3569 wrote:

Why are people against foul language, blood and gore

Well you said it yourself...its foul

Message 40 of 114 (753 Views)
0 Likes