First Son
3 posts

Re: Content Filter

Jul 4, 2012

I was going to start a thred but found this....thanks gang! I think that dropping f-bombs and GD bombs are immature....NOT MATURE!  Pervassive language is over kill and I will avoid movies AND games that do so.  If they are cranking up the profanity to 11 like this........no sale for me.  Not everyone thinks profanity is cool and ears are just open trash cans to dump in.

Message 41 of 118 (478 Views)
Sackboy
570 posts

Jul 5, 2012

Good to know I'm not the only one who supports this Smiley Very Happy

In all seriousness, I doubt ND will even look at this, or consider a content filter. It's unfortunate, but nothing can be done about it really.

Either way I'm getting this game. But a filter would be nice.....

If I was developing this game, or any major game, I'd put a filter in it just for the fact that it might sell more.

Message 42 of 118 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
593 posts

Jul 6, 2012

Did people forget that The Last of Us is going to be an M rated game?

Message 43 of 118 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Jul 6, 2012

Obviously it's going to be rated M... Why else would we be asking for a filter?

Message 44 of 118 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jul 7, 2012

I've never played a game with a language content filter; how exactly does it work?

Seems like it would cost a lot to record two sets of dialogue for ever line with a swear word, so do they just bleep the swear words? Or edit them out?

Message 45 of 118 (420 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jul 7, 2012

Since I'm strictly forbidden to play M games, I was praying for this game to be T because it was by Naughty Dog. Then after watching the E3 gameplay my hopes kinda got flushed down the toilet. A content filter would be good, but if it's a matter of slapping a different rating on there, it isn't gonna change anything. If blood and gore along with an F-bomb every two seconds is the default, adding a filter won't matter because it's already IN the game. Personally, you can do what you want with it: if it's M and I can't play it, it's M and I can't play it and I'm cool with that. I'm sure one of my friends will get it xD

Message 46 of 118 (414 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Full Spectrum Warrior II had a filter as I recall.  I bel...

Oct 12, 2012

Full Spectrum Warrior II had a filter as I recall.  I believe the filth was just blanked out.   I want good gameplay, and 20 F bombs a minute add ZERO to that.   I personally don't work with people that talk like that,  nor do any of my family members.  I think  It depends on how you were raised and who you hang around with.  The game looks really good, but I'm not going to subject my ears and brain to that.  Just my humble opinion.

Message 47 of 118 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Oct 12, 2012
You say that swearing adds nothing to the gameplay, and I agree, but I'd argue that it also detracts nothing from the gameplay.
Message 48 of 118 (336 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 13, 2012

In your opinion, but in mine it would detract plenty.  I've played plenty of great games in years past that had zero foul language, why is now that everyone thinks every game, except maybe sports games, are not complete without  multitudes of foul language.  Just a sign of the times,  and that's a shame.

Message 49 of 118 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Oct 13, 2012
I don't think there's really many people who think a game "isn't complete without multitudes of foul language", I think it's more of a case that people aren't just as bothered by it as a few of you are.

There aren't any threads on gaming forums saying "increase the amount of swearing!!", but in this forum alone there's quite a few asking to tone it down. Which certainly doesn't argue a case to say that everyone wants swearing in their games. In fact, it presents a good argument that there's an increase on over-sensitive types thanks to all the heightened political correctness and false senses of self-entitlement.

I'm not having a to at you because you're entitled to your opinion, but I don't think you've got a leg to stand on when you say everyone wants swearing in their game.
Message 50 of 118 (312 Views)
0 Likes