First Son
10 posts

Re: Content Filter

Oct 13, 2012
Bingo, that's the problem.... we've been desensitized to the point that nobody is bothered by much of anything.
Message 51 of 118 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5382 posts

Oct 13, 2012
That doesn't seem like much of a problem.
Message 52 of 118 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Oct 14, 2012

SOUTHBAMADUDE wrote:
Bingo, that's the problem.... we've been desensitized to the point that nobody is bothered by much of anything.

So...you're ok with being desensitized to brutality and murder depicted in games, but not to cursing?

Message 53 of 118 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Oct 14, 2012

A-Likely-Story wrote:

SOUTHBAMADUDE wrote:

So...you're ok with being desensitized to brutality and murder depicted in games, but not to cursing?

I don't I don't see the problem with that;cursing and physical violence are separate thing.  I even know a guy who cusses like a sailor but he's very squeamish. He literally gets sick looking at blood. 
Message 54 of 118 (457 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Oct 16, 2012

If Naughty Dog makes a content filter, it would be beneficial to all of us. It would be a win-win.

Message 55 of 118 (435 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 16, 2012

mario507 wrote:

A-Likely-Story wrote:

SOUTHBAMADUDE wrote:

I don't I don't see the problem with that;cursing and physical violence are separate thing.  I even know a guy who cusses like a sailor but he's very squeamish. He literally gets sick looking at blood. 

The folks calling for a word filter seem to all have one or both of the following reasonings:

1) They themselves don't cuss...yet they also don't go around murdering people.

2) They don't want to expose people in their household to such language...yet apparently exposing them to brutal and gory violence is perfectly fine, but god forbid they hear a few words.

Yeah, makes total sense. The whole outcry for a content filter is ridiculous in so many ways, but this is one of the worst.

Message 56 of 118 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Oct 16, 2012
How would they be able to make a precise overall rating for the game if you want the filter to take away the things that make it M rated.

R.I.P POGO
Message 57 of 118 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jun 7, 2013

you're wrong. People do search for content filter before buying. I know I always do and there are a lot of games that don't get my money. I will probably buy this game if there is a content filter but absolutely will not if there isn't. I don't care about cussing. I can cuss with the best of them. it's the gore that I can't handle. 

Message 58 of 118 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Im so glad im not the only person. I really hope they impliment a language filter into the game. The language is foul and unnecicery and people say "well your okay with the violence" but naghty dog have added in a violence/gore filter too. Why cant they do it for language. Its not taking anything away from theexperience other players want from the game. 

Please Naughty dog, Please put a language filter in!!!!!

Message 59 of 118 (195 Views)
Sackboy
471 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Rated M for mature enough said, in my opinion it shouldn't even have a gore filter...

---
PSN: Chaystic

add me.
Message 60 of 118 (185 Views)
0 Likes