Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Re: Content Filter

Jun 7, 2013

A content filter would make sense.   I'm sure it won't happen if it isn't already in place (whos to say it isn't already in the game?)  I can see both sides of the arguement, a lot of people want THEIR ADULT ND EXPERIECE, and some people just can't stomach too much violence or strong language.  That is their right, but tbh the people fighting against a content filter has a zero-argument threshold, meaning, they have no grounds to oppose it here, The filter would only be there for an option to those that want to experience the game without all the super adult content and thats understandable.  Myself, will be enjoying all the bloody goodness and language to the full extent though Smiley Wink

Message 61 of 118 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Bad language would be the last of anyone's worries if infected mutant zombie creature are chasing you tryna eat you. I think the game would gain sales if they put filter in but in my eyes if you can't take adult content you shouldn't be playing a mature rated game.
Message 62 of 118 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1350 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

You saw nothing. Smiley Tongue

Message 63 of 118 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Jun 7, 2013

There is a content filter, it turns of the blood/gore. Not sure about language.

Message 64 of 118 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2496 posts

Jun 7, 2013

are we sure about that? what about the review that says it isn't there in the final game? I wish we knew for sure cause I'd preorder it if the gore filter was a sureity.. but I won't order it at all if there isn't. 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 65 of 118 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jun 8, 2013

thefiresidecat wrote:

are we sure about that? what about the review that says it isn't there in the final game? I wish we knew for sure cause I'd preorder it if the gore filter was a sureity.. but I won't order it at all if there isn't. 

How many reviews confirmed this? I only saw one... and I wondered if maybe whoever noticed no gore/violence filter was already in a game when trying to find it. I know, in the demo at least, you cannot change gore settings if you're playing. Only from the main menu...

Message 66 of 118 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2496 posts

Jun 8, 2013

I am fairly sensitive to excessive gore. So is my husband. I actually have a higher tolerance for it than he does. parts of this game look intriguing but not enough to put up with the graphic detail they've included. 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 67 of 118 (279 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 8, 2013
After writing a letter a week to Naughty Dog for over a year requesting a language filter, they finally got back to me. Here was their response:
Your efforts are appreciated and thanks for reaching out. We’ve been working very hard finishing up The Last of Us and it’s come together quite nicely. That said, we’ve mentioned from the onset it would be a mature rated game. The use of profanity isn’t without context. The world Joel and Ellie live in is very different from the one you and I live in. It’s a harsh environment and language has evolved in the way a brutal, harsh environment might dictate.

That said we feel that we’ve made a very balanced game with characters that speak in a manner befitting of the world they exist in and their individual character. We have no plans for a language filter. We hope you’ll give it time to judge it based on its overall story and gameplay.

Thanks again for writing in!

......anyways...it sucks they didnt listen to many fans. It also sucks that they took so long to get back to me. Im not buying the game simply based on the fact that they had such crappy customer service.
Message 68 of 118 (246 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Don't buy an M rated game if you can't handle the content.

/thread

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 69 of 118 (237 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Jun 8, 2013
No duh brain dead. Thats why im not buying it. Geez, im speaking to a genius.
Message 70 of 118 (227 Views)
0 Likes