First Son
1 posts

Re: Control Scheme Conundrum

Jun 17, 2013
The controls are not fine. The controls suck AND swallow. press the dpad then hold x then select your weapon with the dpad again. what kind of idiot came up with that?" And the shotgun. I am sick an tired of game developers that have never fired a real weapon and think they can code how they work. The bead on the end of the barrel of a shot gun is there strictly for decoration. A shot gun is shot from the hip without having to aim down the barrel.
Message 31 of 35 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Psycho_Eddie wrote:
The controls are not fine. The controls suck AND swallow. press the dpad then hold x then select your weapon with the dpad again. what kind of idiot came up with that?" And the shotgun. I am sick an tired of game developers that have never fired a real weapon and think they can code how they work. The bead on the end of the barrel of a shot gun is there strictly for decoration. A shot gun is shot from the hip without having to aim down the barrel.

You start off with a slot for a long gun and small gun. You can upgrade to have more on your quick menu... with a total of two small guns and two long guns which is more than enough to have on your quick menu. The inventory system was rather stream lined compared to other Survival games if ask me. 

If that is an issue then how do you enjoy 90% of other games and films? Not saying it is right but it is a game after all with monsters running around, some over the top ones at that. Also that is actually not strictly true, many use shotguns with their shoulders and down the barrel. There are more than one way to use any gun. However again, even then, we are debating semantics in a game, holstering your pistol with your pants isn't a great idea either but it is stylish.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 32 of 35 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

The controls were fine to me, the only things that were weird to me (and they had easy fixes) were pressing down on the control stick and x to turn around (I wish it had more of a dedicated button to do 180s like L4D does, but this was solved by just turning up the sensitivity to max so that I was able to turn around faster if I needed to) and the whole weapon selecting menu, but that was easily fixed by just putting the weapons I had the most ammo left with in the first slots. 

Everything else is fine, and if you think the control scheme is the making the game bad then you are just terrible at the game. I agree that by now every game should have completely re-mappable controls like Team Fortress 2 on The Orange Box (for console), but these controls were no problem to me. It only took me about 5 minutes to adjust and I was used to them already.

Resident Evil however had really strange controls to me. I could not for the life of me get used to those controls, so it wasn't fun for me, but I never said the game was bad because of it. I just didn't play it. 

www.youtube.com/user/organizedConfoosion

First person to beat Last of Us on Hard without picking up/using any health packs + no health upgrades. 8)
Message 33 of 35 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jun 17, 2013
Controls were fine for me, most of the controls were universal. Why are you complaining about the run button? It's always right under your finger.
Where would you put the run button?
Message 34 of 35 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
19 posts

Jun 17, 2013

I like the controls.. alot. maybe my opinion is bias but i love EVERYTHING about this game.

Message 35 of 35 (138 Views)
0 Likes