First Son
21 posts

Re: Control Scheme Conundrum

Jun 17, 2013

LoL stop talking about yourself homie, just looks lame.

Message 21 of 35 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Jun 17, 2013

I don't really think the guy is a troll just had different expectations towards the games than us.

Like I said, maybe the genre just isn't for you after all. I can think of many too but I don't think that means controls are off bounds to create difficulty. As I say, other than the run button... the rest of the controls are rather universal. X to jump, [  ] to melee, /\ to interact and O to crouch. L1 Aim, R1 shoot... The run button is the only exception but again... the game is designed around crouching and stealth, you're not meant to be running around. Sure why not just take it out altogether then but because it's an escape option, not an option going in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 22 of 35 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Mega8BitPanda wrote:

I don't really think the guy is a troll just had different expectations towards the games than us.

Like I said, maybe the genre just isn't for you after all. I can think of many too but I don't think that means controls are off bounds to create difficulty. As I say, other than the run button... the rest of the controls are rather universal. X to jump, [  ] to melee, /\ to interact and O to crouch. L1 Aim, R1 shoot... The run button is the only exception but again... the game is designed around crouching and stealth, you're not meant to be running around. Sure why not just take it out altogether then but because it's an escape option, not an option going in.

Nope, he's a troll. When someone explains things with reason and logic, and the individual fails to grasp it, and continues to flame/carry on the argument, and whines about things to no end, just for the sake of doing it, then that is a troll.

Message 23 of 35 (107 Views)
First Son
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

Meh becasue then it's just one more imposed handicap.

Why not let us play the way we want, and react to the situations the way we feel we would need to in real life?

And let us pay for the consequences of our actions.

If the game doesnt deliver on that,  then that's all is ever will be or feel like - a game.

do this - do that - no variation

doesn't sound very fun

challenging yes maybe

But games really come into their own (for me) when they can show how much room they have to change and how much room for variations they have when you stray from the "neccessities" of the gameplay.

It's about variety and variation, the more you have, the bigger and better your game needs to be to support it, but, also, the more realistic it feels, and more fun it is as well.

Plus, well y'know, ppl do tend to run around in real life.

So aside from it making it feel more real and believeble it adds a sense of sponitnaeity that I think would be really missing if the whole game was even more rigidly structured like that.

If it was like that I'd be asking where the "game" went.

We should be bombarded with an EXCESS of options for every situation, (depending on how good/big the game is and how many options you would need, and how big the world is in which you are usign them) 

But make them subtle enough that it takes a very talented player to react and adapt in every situation.

Don't make interactables or supplies get highlighted when you enter a room, make it so you actually have to explore to look for them for example,

And, there are all kinds of other things that detract from the overall immersion into this world.

Otherwise they aren't really doing anything new or exciting.

Just packaging up the same old stale mechanics in a new box and slapping some bad controls on them.

Sure it looks great, but how long before we have plethora of games that look even better?

It's changing and challenging these stereotyes that will really take a game to the next level.

Because until they do

We'll all be waiting for THAT game.

And first one to get there "wins" in my eyes.

Because when that happens, all the games that have stayed stubbornly in the past, will be viewed as hopelessly in the past by comparison..

Too bad it wasn't this time.

But I can already feel this game being a footone in a few months. 

Message 24 of 35 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Like what you're doing? lolol

Message 25 of 35 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Not every game is going to have call of duty controls, quit whining and get used to them, they're actually pretty good.

Message 26 of 35 (81 Views)
First Son
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

Who's whining? Wha'ts the probelm? I say somethign you didn't' like? Srry bro, but it sounds like you're the one whining.

And No I won't "get used to them" lol.

Why should I?

Because you think theyre"pretty good" ?

lol sorry not good enough.

I'll just put it on the stack of all of the other games I'm not playing where it belongs.

And Who said anything about COD other than you?

COD is garbage.

Message 27 of 35 (75 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Actually like the control scheme, very easy to get used to.

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

Actually I like the control scheme, very easy to get used to.

Does anybody know what R2 is for other than listen mode?

Message 28 of 35 (61 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Re: Actually like the control scheme, very easy to get used to.

Jun 17, 2013

R3 would be your flashlight...

Message 29 of 35 (53 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Re: Actually like the control scheme, very easy to get used to.

Jun 17, 2013

^I meant R2, sorry.

Message 30 of 35 (49 Views)
0 Likes