Jul 25 2013
By: jones_81381 First Son 12 posts

Could Ellie have a romantic relationship?

33 replies 832 views Edited Jul 25, 2013

Given that she's infected but immune to its effects, we can assume she's a carrier, but did it develop to the point where she could actually infect people if she kisses them or has sex? Just something to ponder.

Message 1 of 34 (832 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Re: Could Ellie have a romantic relationship?

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

Well... I guess she could, but only if the fungus would get to the bloodstream it would infect him. I doubt if she e.g. kissed someone it would not do anything, just like you can't infect anyone with AIDS if you kiss (unless there are wounds in the mouth).

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 2 of 34 (826 Views)
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

But bites from infected people will turn people. It happened to Sam. For all intents and purposes, TLoU's infected are zombies, and it's a zombie bite that infects, just like an "infected's" bite infects people. It's got to be in the saliva, which makes me wonder if it's in all bodily fluids (vaginal).

Message 3 of 34 (820 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jul 25, 2013

I have a feeling sam was laying MAJOR pipe down on Ellie the night he got infected...........just saying...

Message 4 of 34 (806 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Jul 25, 2013
I do not think that Ellie have infection saliva. It's can be oral mucosa and the internal epithelium, blood 100% infected, but not saliva.
Otherwise, it turns out that Ellie can kill people with just spitting at them. Death machine, haha
But... It can mean that she will never becomes a mother. Poor girl Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 34 (798 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jul 25, 2013
Haha that's terrible. I think Sam was probably 12, maybe 13. He told Ellie he was 14 too and Henry's reaction made it seem like Sam was rounding up quite a bit.
Message 6 of 34 (794 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jul 25, 2013

the boy went out like a true playa!!! a white gurl is every brotha's kryptonite.....Smiley LOL

Spoiler

Message 7 of 34 (786 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Jul 25, 2013
I feel sorry for her, she may never have kids :/
Message 8 of 34 (780 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Yes because they have forgotten how to artificially inseminate in this post apocolyptic era........

Based on the story and the fact that she was able to infect David with a bite....yes she would not be able to have a normal relationship but its not like she could never be a mother.  And the good news is that in all liklihood any offspring would also be immune to the fungus.......thus in about a century immunity can be bred into tommy's village and further.....

Message 9 of 34 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

Seriously. Joel travelled with her for almost a year, during which time they probably could eating and drinking from same utensils, and Joel is still not infected. So Ellie's saliva is not infected. When she bit David, she gave him in the blood of the smallest cells of tooth enamel. Same thing in the Walking Dead, the zombies haven't got salivary glands, When zombie bites a humans, they infect them by tiny cells in their teeth .

Anyway, even if she got infected blood, theoretically, she can have children...  artificially inseminate I mean

Message 10 of 34 (759 Views)
0 Likes