Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Re: Could Ellie have a romantic relationship?

Jul 26, 2013

It's a discussion of the lore continued after the events of the game.  Of what could be, and the difficulties Ellie may still have to face.  Your claim of, "Ha never gonna happen..." is wildly unrealistic.  If human beings didn't continue to mate during oppressively hard times then we wouldn't be having this digital conversation.  Humans will always find a way to "get together," it's hardwired into our brains and DNA, and this would be true in TLoU as well.  It cannot even be argued because it's pretty clear that Joel and Tess were having relations, and so will Ellie with someone in the future.  Unless she dies beforehand, but she's already survived with Joel all the way to returning to Jackson, and she's fifteen going on thirty with the amount of hell she's seen.

Message 21 of 34 (973 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Jul 26, 2013

jones_81381 wrote:

MaidenVelka wrote:

P.S.S. I'm 99% positive that Sam stated his age to be 10 years old.

When he asked Ellie how old she was and she said 14, Sam replied "Me too." If he later said he was 10, I didn't catch it.

Wiki says Sam is 13. 

http://thelastofus.wikia.com/wiki/Sam

Message 22 of 34 (967 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Jul 26, 2013

The realities revealed in this thread are making me sad. Reminds me of when I realized that Forest, Jenny, and their child probably all have AIDS. Not fair.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 23 of 34 (945 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Skaggz1 wrote:

Ok then, when Neil Druckmann deicides to make The Last Of Us a romantic and love game then I will answer such a retarded question. Ellie being in a sexual relationship? Ha never gonna happen...

Oh my god dude.

You're not getting it.

We're not talking right now, genius.

Do older teens/ adults not get into sexual relationships?

You wouldn't exist if they didn't.

The only retarded thing here is your comments.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 24 of 34 (923 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Well in that matter Ellie will most likley be dead before she can have a "ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP."

Message 25 of 34 (918 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Skaggz1 wrote:

Well in that matter Ellie will most likley be dead before she can have a "ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP."

If she's safe in Jackson, how's that possible...?

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 26 of 34 (913 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Jul 26, 2013

If Tommy's town is secure then it's an issue that will come up.  If the Cordyceps was only in her brain I wouldn't think it would be an issue, the brain and cerebrospinal fluid is a nearly a closed system as best I know.  The visable appearance of it on her arm still makes me think that isn't the case though.  If it is in her blood or saliva and hasn't become somehow dormant then it would be very much infectious.  Living for a year with Joel, in close contact like caring for wounds and sharing food/utensils makes me think that it may have become dormant.  All conjecture though.

The other issue, how likely would someone be to want to enter that relationship once they're made aware that this person, even immune, may be carrying the cordyceps?

Message 27 of 34 (910 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 26, 2013

I'm sure there were thousands of people that though they were safe from the infected/"bad people" and 99% of them are now dead.

Message 28 of 34 (904 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

But none of those people that we have any information on went to the extremes that Tommy and his group has. They have electricity run by a hydroelectric plant....the best everyone else has is a generator. Also if the size is any indication they have alot larger group of people then most groups are....which means hunters by and large will be grossly outnumbered if they attempt an attack. Likely they are far enough from any other prior civilization that infected are not something they will see too often. I fail to see how they would not be able to survive a long time.

This is also why the attack was made on the plant and not the actual town because the plant would naturally have a smaller group there. 

Message 29 of 34 (899 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

Another thought to add to this... albeit far less probable, but Ellie very much could have a romantic relationship, even if infectious via blood or saliva.  I know one couple IRL that very much has a romantic relationship with little to no actual physical dimensions due to one partner's medical condition.  And they did meet after the condition so it was known before the relationship.  Less likely, but possible.

Message 30 of 34 (870 Views)
0 Likes