Monster Hunter
38 posts

Re: Could The Last of Us Had Been Any Better??

Jun 24, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

The AI wasn't as good as Naughty Dogg made it out to be. You strangle people 5 feet away from someone and they don't hear all that noise? Or when you get detected and the enemy seemingly just forgets about you after like 2min. I thought their should've been parts where you interact with both infected and human enemies but, it never happened. And I disliked how the mid to end parts felt rushed. Summer lasted the longest (it was my favorite part) and then each chapter gets progressively shorter. The segment with Tommy could've been alot better - wasted opportunity. The game also had you skip from one part to another with little if any idea of what happened between that time.

Also when holding someone as a human shield, why don't they try and escape when you're shooting their buddies? That never made sense to me. I always thought they should resist when being held hostage and that Joel could eventually unlock a skill to subdue a guy with 1 pistol, while using the other to point at other enemies.

Maybe they'll make up for it some how. I'd hate to say it but it had the potential of being a very long game.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 54 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jun 24, 2013

semper_fi_1999 wrote:

So you are saying that you either A) suck at video games or B) Just enjoy trolling ppl with complaints that literally make no sense whatsoever.

Funny how you criticize and don't give specific examples. \

1) You have nothing. 

2) You don't make any sense and you didn't reply with reasons. My reasons all make perfect sense. 

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 54 (157 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Naughty Dogg did a great job creating this atmosphere of an apocalyptic world. That and the story our my favorite parts. The game-play was good but, things could've definitely been improved upon.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 54 (144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

I've been playing games since the Atari 2600 came out. I've followed Final Fantasy, Zelda, Dragon Warrior and Mario Brothers. I switched to playstation when it came out.
I soons topped playing after God of War three because I thought nothing could get better. I was very disappointed in games with lack luster stories

I was excitied for Last of Us as I live in Boston and was blown away about seeing my city all in ruins. It took my breath away. I drew myself into the game, thinking I was there walking through the ruins. I even saw the outskirts of Boston Medical Center(Microbiologist here!), which I work. I wish ND would have mapped out all of Boston and make a level at the Lab of BMC, even where my apartment is located.

The story is AMAZING!! I actually had tears in the beginning and when Joel gets hurt, I yelled out NO NO NO!!! Ellie's fear in her voice, how she didn't know what to do...that whole scene out of the University school...wow!
The next to the last scene, when Joel makes his final move by the elevator....totally what I didn't expect but understood.

Game play was great and hard. My poor controller got mashed into the couch. lol.

But the story, gosh.... put yourself in their shoes. The subhuman hunters, the infected, the struggles..... This could happen.
Joel is a hero. I would have done the same thing.

Now, as a scientist I want to know who was patient zero. How did the fungus get out into the world? Was it a bioweapon? Was is used to treat insect infestation and it mutated (They are trying to makes this available to treat ants and other pests)?
Where was the first outbreak? What about the epidemiology reports?
Infection spread through bites could be easily contained and the spores were in close quarters.

My personal opinon? It was a bio weapon made by the crazyies of the EPA/Green Peace/Government for population control but it got out of hand.  First the homeless were infected, then emergency rooms flooded, then more get infected...BOOM!

And they could have used Elli's blood to develop a vaccine as the antibodies in her system stopped the fungus from taking over. There was no reason to take her brain out because you cannot replicate brain function in a lab setting. You can do surgery to extract a piece of the fungus without killing her. It's like brain surgery to take out a tumor.

You can create agar or broth infused with brain tissue to grow the fungus (BIA) or (BIB) and then test the antibodies against it to see if it grows.  Then develope a vaccine. 

I love science!

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 54 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I guess I could finally put what I thought could've been better. What would've been a more imersive experience. We may not realize it at times but character dialogue and reaction can really draws us into a game as much as the visuals itself. There were many times where Joel and Ellie stumbled upon dead bodies. Really dead bodies. People who have been dead for who knows how long? Now I know that in their world, the smell of decay isn't exactly uncommon, but I'd have liked it if just a couple of times where Joel and Ellie ran into rooms with dead bodies, the smell would seem to hit them in the face. Maybe even have Ellie vomit on the spot. This would most likely have been the case with the couple you find in the tub dead together. I was thinking to myself that has got to smell awful! That's just one minor gripe.

Oh, a slightly bigger gripe, if you played with the subtitles on, you'd notice a few grammatical errors in the text, most during the Bill arc. It disappoints me to find grammatical errors in my media: books, video games, etc. But nobody is perfect so that's why it is a minor gripe. That's about it for me.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 54 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Skipped all comment.

Crafting was overhyped.

Crafting was short lived.

No boss battle except David, 1st bloater.

Not that many enemy types (not that big of deal)

Predictable story part (but that with most stories)

No clan system for mp

Less customization then UC3

Ill say this game is my GOTY so far, but it not the best game ever, or even this gen. I think LBP is the best gen game. Also story is good but not best story Infinte has a place in my heart and other games too. People can give this game praise it deserves. Ill give it on the top 10 ps3 exclusives but it is not GOD like everyone is setting it out to be. I love this game hope

for a Prequel DLC and a Resolution Sequel for PS4.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 54 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I'm a bit curious myslelf as to how the game would have turned out if it had more time put into it. It is one of my favorites now but I think Naughty Dog's short handedness seems to show in some moments.

Such as all the skipping ahead which makes me curious about what may have happened in those times. It also makes me wish the game was longer in general.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 54 (112 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3929 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Short answer: Yes.

I loved the story and the gameplay, but the game itself could have used some more time to weed out the bugs (screen tearing, objects disappearing, etc.) and improve some of the gameplay mechanics. (No counter option for enemy melee attacks -- unless prompted, ND removed the disarm feature displayed in the E3 2011 demo, etc.)

I personally wouldn't have been upset if ND had delayed the game (again) until October at the earliest, sometime in 2014, or just flat out said "When we're done."

Even with all that said, the game is still my personal choice for GOTY 2013 -- so far.

I still have "Beyond: Two Souls" and "Grand Theft Auto V" to play.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 54 (108 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jun 25, 2013

The only thing that would have made the game better for me is if you got to fight Godzilla :smileyvery-happy:

Hardcore

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 54 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
508 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I know the multiplayer definitely could have had more thought and time put into it.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 54 (93 Views)
0 Likes