Jun 23 2013
By: LikeRA1N Wastelander 632 posts

Could The Last of Us Had Been Any Better??

53 replies 780 views Edited Jun 23, 2013

This game deserved every perfect score it got. I believe that. But after I finished the game, I thought to myself Could this game had been any better? It made my whole gaming collection look mediocre. I'm struggling through my backlog (thanks, Naughty Dog!) because all I could think about is my epic adventure with Joel and Ellie. And the question still somehow found its way into my head: could this game possibly be any better? What do you all think?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 54 (780 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Re: Could The Last of Us Had Been Any Better??

Jun 23, 2013

LikeRA1N wrote:

This game deserved every perfect score it got. I believe that. But after I finished the game, I thought to myself Could this game had been any better? It made my whole gaming collection look mediocre. I'm struggling through my backlog (thanks, Naughty Dog!) because all I could think about is my epic adventure with Joel and Ellie. And the question still somehow found its way into my head: could this game possibly be any better? What do you all think?

I'm gonna quote Bleach about perfection

"There is no such thing as perfect in this world.
That may sound cliché, but it is the truth. The average person admires perfection and seeks to obtain it.
But what is the point in achieving perfection?
There is none. Nothing. Not a single thing.

loathe perfection!
If something is perfect, then there is nothing left. There is no room for imagination.
No place left for a person to gain additional knowlege or abilities.
Do you know what that means?
For scientists such as ourselves, perfection only brings despair.
It is our job to create things more wonderful than anything before them, but never obtain perfection.
A scientist must be a person who finds ecstasy while suffering from that antinomy.

In short, the moment that foolishness [claiming perfection] left your mouth and reached my ears, you had already lost.
Of course, that is assuming you are a scientist.

"If your choice is to save me over everybody else in the world then...ok. I trust you now and let’s live life.." ~TheVulcanSalute
Message 2 of 54 (768 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 23, 2013

LikeRA1N wrote:

Well no game is perfect so I guess yes, in some ways the game could be improved.

Maybe that boils down to personal choice. So what would improve the game for me? More down time, more exploring the world and seeing/hearing the characters bond. The action was nice but I would love more story on the characters and the world they are travelling through.

Message 3 of 54 (759 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Jun 23, 2013
Yes, it definitely could have been better. And thank goodness it wasn't. Now we can still look forward to future games!
Message 4 of 54 (742 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

Jun 23, 2013

blackdelage wrote:

LikeRA1N wrote:

I'm gonna quote Bleach about perfection

"There is no such thing as perfect in this world.
That may sound cliché, but it is the truth. The average person admires perfection and seeks to obtain it.
But what is the point in achieving perfection?
There is none. Nothing. Not a single thing.

loathe perfection!
If something is perfect, then there is nothing left. There is no room for imagination.
No place left for a person to gain additional knowlege or abilities.
Do you know what that means?
For scientists such as ourselves, perfection only brings despair.
It is our job to create things more wonderful than anything before them, but never obtain perfection.
A scientist must be a person who finds ecstasy while suffering from that antinomy.

In short, the moment that foolishness [claiming perfection] left your mouth and reached my ears, you had already lost.
Of course, that is assuming you are a scientist.

Those are some nice quotes. Though...uh...I never once said anything about perfection. Haha.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 54 (730 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jun 23, 2013
They could have given Joel a knife like Ellie had instead of having to make shivs.
Message 6 of 54 (724 Views)
Sackboy
568 posts

Jun 23, 2013

What I'd like? E3 AI, and a longer game, it was really long, and definitely longer than I'd thought it would be but if it had even more store like near 30 hours long that would have been great, I do realize though that's it hard to make linear games, espceially such a story heavy game like this really long.

Message 7 of 54 (724 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Jun 23, 2013
Patch the graphical glitches that happen from time to time, like the blue infinity that happens
Message 8 of 54 (716 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:
Patch the graphical glitches that happen from time to time, like the blue infinity that happens

Blue infinity?

Photobucket
Message 9 of 54 (710 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

The only right answer is yes. I mean even the E3 demo could be better. 

Message 10 of 54 (699 Views)
0 Likes