I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Re: Could The Last of Us Had Been Any Better??

Jun 23, 2013

blackdelage wrote:

LikeRA1N wrote:

This game deserved every perfect score it got. I believe that. But after I finished the game, I thought to myself Could this game had been any better? It made my whole gaming collection look mediocre. I'm struggling through my backlog (thanks, Naughty Dog!) because all I could think about is my epic adventure with Joel and Ellie. And the question still somehow found its way into my head: could this game possibly be any better? What do you all think?

I'm gonna quote Bleach about perfection

"There is no such thing as perfect in this world.
That may sound cliché, but it is the truth. The average person admires perfection and seeks to obtain it.
But what is the point in achieving perfection?
There is none. Nothing. Not a single thing.

loathe perfection!
If something is perfect, then there is nothing left. There is no room for imagination.
No place left for a person to gain additional knowlege or abilities.
Do you know what that means?
For scientists such as ourselves, perfection only brings despair.
It is our job to create things more wonderful than anything before them, but never obtain perfection.
A scientist must be a person who finds ecstasy while suffering from that antinomy.

In short, the moment that foolishness [claiming perfection] left your mouth and reached my ears, you had already lost.
Of course, that is assuming you are a scientist.

I have only seen one perfection. And it was the early The Simpsons episodes. Just perfect cartoons. Nothing could make the episodes any better.

Message 11 of 54 (305 Views)
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jun 23, 2013

I wish they kept the flashlight the way it was before... I liked the idea of having to find batteries or  crafting them or else your flashlight would die.

Message 12 of 54 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Only things I would've liked to see is:
 - Ellie smiling at the end, instead of looking sad (I hate sad endings!)

- The ammo HUD removed on Survivor difficulty, just like listen mode is, and instead given the option to manually look at the magazine.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 13 of 54 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Jun 23, 2013

LikeRA1N wrote:

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:
Patch the graphical glitches that happen from time to time, like the blue infinity that happens

Blue infinity?

It has happene dto me a few times where everything goes all blue except the characters. Also thereis a weird awkwardly long scene of blue in the winter section before Ellie leaves the garage. Also improve the AI, I dont care if it is E3 good but being able to kill guys in front of others without them detecting you is silly.

Message 14 of 54 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jun 23, 2013

LikeRA1N wrote:

This game deserved every perfect score it got. I believe that. But after I finished the game, I thought to myself Could this game had been any better? It made my whole gaming collection look mediocre. I'm struggling through my backlog (thanks, Naughty Dog!) because all I could think about is my epic adventure with Joel and Ellie. And the question still somehow found its way into my head: could this game possibly be any better? What do you all think?

The game could've been better if they waited a couple more months to release it on PS4. They would've been able to do a bit more. Maybe just improve the graphics a bit more (Not saying it wasn't impressive the detail blew me away!) and they might've been able to make the story abit longer so that way we werent left with a complete dead end to an amazing story.

Spoiler
I would've liked to seen the ending atleast in Tommys settlement with Joel telling Tommy what happened and Ellie overhearing the conversation? <-- Just a little thought.
 photo 3698b475-70ce-4623-afd5-3c7b0a17e81d.jpg
Message 15 of 54 (273 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 24, 2013

well the game has reached a great point when my only complaints are nit picking but,

1. the immersion breaking friendly Ai durring stealth

2. the need to make shivs (I understand the point for blance and stealth, but it seems abusrd).

3. the ability to reload single bullets into clip fed guns by changing the clip.

Thats my two cents

"I make apocalypses jokes like there's no tomorrow...Too soon."
Message 16 of 54 (250 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 24, 2013

PLchaos wrote:

I wish they kept the flashlight the way it was before... I liked the idea of having to find batteries or  crafting them or else your flashlight would die.

If your flashlight dies out in a very dark room. What are you gonna do?

Message 17 of 54 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

There are a few things that could have been better imo for immersing you more in the story. These are just my opinions:

- Less shootouts

Seriously, you kill hundreds of people in the game. When a game gets too unrealistic it loses a bit believabilty for me. The combat is fun but sometimes it was just more than necessary. Killing 2 or 3 dudes every once in a while would have been cool but sometimes you fight like 15 people at once. How can two people survive all that?

In Heavy Rain you didn't kill dozens and it was still awesome because the story was so good.

- Another emotinal outbreak for Joel

Yes at the end he got pretty emotional but nowhere was it as close as in the beginning with Sarah. I think if they had mirrored that moment somewhere it would have been extremely emotionally effetive.

- Sarah's death at another point

The beginning was kinda sad but it didn't get me that much because I just started the game and had like no real attachment to any of the characters. I think if they had put that scene to a later moment in the game (maybe him dreaming it) I think it would have been even sadder. Also the sudden cut to the post apocalyptic world 20 years later slowed the game down pretty strong.

- More lines from Joel

Even though I think it is some of the main attributes of Joel to always be kind of ineloquent and say only the necessary things, I think many people would have understood the ending better if he had expressed more what he feels for Ellie and why he doesn't want her to die. I say that because I have seen many people that say "Wow he is such an **bleep** for dooming humanity."

And I can understand that to some point because all he says to Marlene is something like "**bleep** this, she is leaving right now because I say so."

- The voice of Ellie

Ashley Johnson did a very great job with the acting but I sometimes felt like her voice doesn't completely fit 100%. Imo you can often hear that this is not a child but a 30 year old woman. She could have at least tried to sound a bit more childish.

Message 18 of 54 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Kenshen19 wrote:
They could have given Joel a knife like Ellie had instead of having to make shivs.

If that was to happen you could of walked the game.

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 19 of 54 (222 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 24, 2013

How about getting Ellie as hostage? That could have felt like you are really trying to protect Ellie.

Message 20 of 54 (219 Views)
0 Likes