Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 19 2013
By: seanconor Lombax Warrior 210 posts

DLC ideas for TLOU

7 replies 151 views Edited May 19, 2013

The first DLC should be called executive order and you play as the military trying to clear out hostile survivors to make way for a new potential quarantine zone due to the fact that child births in established quarantine zones are creating an overpopulation resulting in a need to find a new area for a quarantine zone. So the area they found doesnt have much in terms of infected but is crawling with hostile scavenging survivors like the ones Joel fights. As a military soldier, you and your squad is tasked with clearing them out. But things go south when you meet a heavier opposition than expected. I think it would give the game a more action and less stealth feel for a short time while keeping the high tension. Reply with opinions and other suggestions.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Re: DLC ideas for TLOU

May 19, 2013

seanconor wrote:

The first DLC should be called executive order and you play as the military trying to clear out hostile survivors to make way for a new potential quarantine zone due to the fact that child births in established quarantine zones are creating an overpopulation resulting in a need to find a new area for a quarantine zone. So the area they found doesnt have much in terms of infected but is crawling with hostile scavenging survivors like the ones Joel fights. As a military soldier, you and your squad is tasked with clearing them out. But things go south when you meet a heavier opposition than expected. I think it would give the game a more action and less stealth feel for a short time while keeping the high tension. Reply with opinions and other suggestions.

this game is not a shooter, and don't want to see it become that either, that's my opinion

as for suggestions, I don't have any, maybe that has anything to do with the fact that we know nothing of the multiplayer, so speculating about dlc is pointless

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (144 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

May 19, 2013
Is this a story DLC? If so there won't be any. ND confirmed that they are only making MP DLC.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2429 posts

May 19, 2013

If there is story DLC to be found I'd hope it would revolve around some of our main characters. The history behind the friendship of Joel and Tess for instance, or Bill, or whoever. I think that would be more interesting.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (130 Views)
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

May 19, 2013
Agreed with all the comments on this. And I would love more character depth, that is always a great thing to have. Doing back stories would be awesome. But at any rate, I dont think it will even be necessary, im sure ND will have our undivided attention and leave us extra satisfied with the story as is.
Ellie photo Ellie_zps812f6c9e.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

May 19, 2013

You guys realize that this was just a mess around DLC to change things up a little. I think the base SP will have more than enough character depth.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

May 19, 2013

Also when I said you and YOUR SQUAD I meant this could be played cooperatively online with your buddies.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

May 19, 2013

Playing on-line with friends in this game is a bad idea. So is the whole military shooter idea. i just don't like it. It's like turning this masterpeice into a third person Call Of Duty. We have multiplayer, it could be co-op, too. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I just don't like the idea of it.

Last Of Us GOTY
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (77 Views)