Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 22 2013
By: Baccra First Son 1 posts

Dear Naughty Dog, I'd like a digital episodic sequal about Ish (Possible Spoilers)

6 replies 501 views Edited Jun 22, 2013
Dear Naughty Dog, I enjoyed your game "The Last of Us" very much. It wasn't a perfect ride, but in the end I was very happy with the ending and what I played. After watching the ending I can understand your stance on a sequel, and why you may or may not do one. The thing is however as selfish as it may be, I would like a sequel. However my idea for a sequel is a bit different from what may or may not have been suggested, so if you would please give me a moment of your time so that I may shamelessly sell you on making an episodic sequel to "The Last of Us" focusing on your character Ish. The story of Ish, for the most part, is completed. Except for the details of what happened after surviving the sewer massacre, and things that have happened previously between letters/notes left by Ish before the massacre- it wouldn't take much effort or work to complete the story. And looking at the story of ish you could easily break it into 3 parts, allowing you to release faster while modifying/fixing things you didn't like in previous episodes. The story of Ish would allow you to resuse assets you already have available to you- like the sewers and the neighborhood at the end of the sewers, which would save you some time and money compared to making an adventure for some other character. Finally Ish himself is very different from Joel, which would allow for a different perspective and take on the world and story on a whole, but also from a gameplay point of view. Compared to Joel, Ish's story would allow us to see with more clarity how the world has affected and changed him as time/episodes go on. We get to watch for example how a man that valued his ability to run and smarts/resourcefulness becomes a man who, going by the children's drawing, becomes a fighter/ protector. We get to watch his ups and downs as he goes from ship to land as a loner, to his internal struggles of deciding whether to continue alone or form a community, to running a community and having some semblance of normality, to losing it all and dealing with the aftermath and whatever comes after that that leads tot he end. Throughout all of this we get to watch the growth, or de-evolution of a character that for the most part was rather positive and and more in touch with his humanity then say Joel. As for gameplay, Ish would be different enough to be fresh and not a retread of Joel, but not vastly different enough to make jumping into the game difficult. Since Ish valued his speed and smarts, his gameplay would allow for more focus on cat and mouse chases, hide and seek, and traps beginning to middle of the story. From middle to end more gun centric to reflect his "protector role." And with time being a factor, we get to see the difference in play from younger Ish to older Ish. In the end I have not a clue what you shall do with the world of "The Last of Us" and it's characters, but I hope you will consider doing something for Ish. Thanks for your time.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Re: Dear Naughty Dog, I'd like a digital episodic sequal about Ish (Possible Spoilers)

Jun 22, 2013

Holy wall of text Batman!

-----------
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Re: Dear Naughty Dog, I'd like a digital episodic sequal about Ish (Possible Spoilers)

Jun 22, 2013

I'd rather have it focus on Tommy. It would be cool to see what happened after he told Joel, "I don't ever want to see your goddamn face again."

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Baccra wrote:
Dear Naughty Dog, I enjoyed your game "The Last of Us" very much. It wasn't a perfect ride, but in the end I was very happy with the ending and what I played. After watching the ending I can understand your stance on a sequel, and why you may or may not do one. The thing is however as selfish as it may be, I would like a sequel. However my idea for a sequel is a bit different from what may or may not have been suggested, so if you would please give me a moment of your time so that I may shamelessly sell you on making an episodic sequel to "The Last of Us" focusing on your character Ish. The story of Ish, for the most part, is completed. Except for the details of what happened after surviving the sewer massacre, and things that have happened previously between letters/notes left by Ish before the massacre- it wouldn't take much effort or work to complete the story. And looking at the story of ish you could easily break it into 3 parts, allowing you to release faster while modifying/fixing things you didn't like in previous episodes. The story of Ish would allow you to resuse assets you already have available to you- like the sewers and the neighborhood at the end of the sewers, which would save you some time and money compared to making an adventure for some other character. Finally Ish himself is very different from Joel, which would allow for a different perspective and take on the world and story on a whole, but also from a gameplay point of view. Compared to Joel, Ish's story would allow us to see with more clarity how the world has affected and changed him as time/episodes go on. We get to watch for example how a man that valued his ability to run and smarts/resourcefulness becomes a man who, going by the children's drawing, becomes a fighter/ protector. We get to watch his ups and downs as he goes from ship to land as a loner, to his internal struggles of deciding whether to continue alone or form a community, to running a community and having some semblance of normality, to losing it all and dealing with the aftermath and whatever comes after that that leads tot he end. Throughout all of this we get to watch the growth, or de-evolution of a character that for the most part was rather positive and and more in touch with his humanity then say Joel. As for gameplay, Ish would be different enough to be fresh and not a retread of Joel, but not vastly different enough to make jumping into the game difficult. Since Ish valued his speed and smarts, his gameplay would allow for more focus on cat and mouse chases, hide and seek, and traps beginning to middle of the story. From middle to end more gun centric to reflect his "protector role." And with time being a factor, we get to see the difference in play from younger Ish to older Ish. In the end I have not a clue what you shall do with the world of "The Last of Us" and it's characters, but I hope you will consider doing something for Ish. Thanks for your time.

Whatever you said its not going to happen.

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Jun 22, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

I'd rather have it focus on Tommy. It would be cool to see what happened after he told Joel, "I don't ever want to see your goddamn face again."

Agreed. I wanted to know how joel was during his early days on the appocalypse.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 22, 2013

if by episodic you mean like the walking dead? then hell no, i want a full story package day 1

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (417 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 9, 2013
or ish could be a scientists that had failed to make a cure and created a underground system. that epicly went wrong.... or make a part with a soldier who has a infinity knife that dont break..and p90. new gun.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (204 Views)
0 Likes