Jun 23 2013
By: FreshRevenge Treasure Hunter 4464 posts

Did Joel have a barber or deordorant?

14 replies 392 views Edited Jun 23, 2013

I was reading another thread and this dawn on me. Did Joel and Ellie or even Tess take showers? I mean throughout the game you pretty much see Joel and Ellie wearing the same outfit but they change it during the end. I know if I went without taking a shower or washing my clothing, I would start to stink. I am sure they didn't have any type of deordorant so their armpits would have to started to fester.

Your hair would start to get oily, it would look unclean. Joel's hair would of grown longer if he didn't cut it. He would of look he had a mop on his head. 

No where did I see this. I would of thought that they would of shown this aspect since it would of been needed to survive. I am sure they got use to everyone smelling like BO. Ellies hair stays the same throughout the game. So did she just keep her hair tied up the whole time?

I think addressing some of these issues would of added to the whole surival. Now they may have done these things in between the gaps. I just think if you want to show a game about surival. I would show all the aspects of it.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 1 of 15 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Re: Did Joel have a barber or deordorant?

Jun 23, 2013

FreshRevenge wrote:

I was reading another thread and this dawn on me. Did Joel and Ellie or even Tess take showers? I mean throughout the game you pretty much see Joel and Ellie wearing the same outfit but they change it during the end. I know if I went without taking a shower or washing my clothing, I would start to stink. I am sure they didn't have any type of deordorant so their armpits would have to started to fester.

Your hair would start to get oily, it would look unclean. Joel's hair would of grown longer if he didn't cut it. He would of look he had a mop on his head. 

No where did I see this. I would of thought that they would of shown this aspect since it would of been needed to survive. I am sure they got use to everyone smelling like BO. Ellies hair stays the same throughout the game. So did she just keep her hair tied up the whole time?

I think addressing some of these issues would of added to the whole surival. Now they may have done these things in between the gaps. I just think if you want to show a game about surival. I would show all the aspects of it.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

Each Season we see them for two days, four max, if even that. We see them wearing different clothes each season. We also time skip, all these things you are referring too could have been around then. When it comes to something like this it's extremely silly to look over ask me, especially when the longest period of time frame we play as these two is Summer for around 2 to 4 days. That's not THAT long to go without these commodities and so leaving to off screen is fine and dandy.

As for B.O, they'd stink, yeah though it'd be that casual of a smell to them by then given how much everything in the world would by that point. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 15 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
639 posts

Jun 23, 2013

I don't need a cutscene or a QTE of Ellie putting her tampon in. 

Its just something we have to look past

Message 3 of 15 (375 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Joel goes swimming at times throughout the game. That gets him clean. And there are plenty of scissors around everywhere, so they would use those for cutting hair.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 4 of 15 (353 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 23, 2013

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

I don't need a cutscene or a QTE of Ellie putting her tampon in. 

Its just something we have to look past

the **bleep** dude I didnt need that image

Message 5 of 15 (349 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1511 posts

Jun 23, 2013
Bloody hell I laughed harder at that than I should have, also thanks for ruining my fragile mind with that very image Twinsnake
Message 6 of 15 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 23, 2013

I am sure in the story they just left those things out but yes I am sure they washed and groomed although I am sure it was considerably different than what you would consider by todays standards. I do know from a survival course I took a few years back that there are multiple ways to clean up that doesn't require soap and shampoo. One in particular I remember was a smoke bath that left us smelling quite good considering.

Message 7 of 15 (320 Views)
Wastelander
666 posts

Jun 23, 2013
I think they'd smell. I think the dead bodies would over ride the smell though. Have you smelled an old dead animal? It is pretty **bleep** foul. I think people in that world are just used to it. I've walked into a horrible smelling room before and after awhile I just got used to it so I see the same thing going for that world. Especially to ones born into it.
Message 8 of 15 (308 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4464 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2013

I know you can use fishfat to  bathe yourself.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 9 of 15 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 23, 2013

fish fat? id rather use the fish fat for fuel

Message 10 of 15 (293 Views)
0 Likes