Aug 22 2013
By: WinterEdit Sackboy 564 posts

Did you notice this near the end of Winter? *spoilers*

[ Edited ]
5 replies 465 views Edited Aug 22, 2013

Well, I decided to create a thread for a change instead of bumping some other one. But on topic...

...did you notice this in the

Spoiler
part where you fight David in the Restaurant

in Winter: (spoilers above are about the end of Winter, do not click it if you want to retain the intensity of the game to the max.

Anyway, when you are at that part... just realized I have to put spoiler tags again because it includes that. Well anyway. Spoilers in the following part are about the same thing, do not click this either if you want to keep the awesomeness of this part of the game as the highest it can be.

Spoiler
When you first see David at the restaurant (he knocks Ellie over at the door), he locks the door. Then, if you do not attack him anyway for specific time, he will begin to taunt Ellie with things like "I'm sorry about your horse. I truly am. I hope you know we won't waste any part of him." but more follow too. If you stab him, he will talk about different things too, but after the second stab, he'll remain silent.

I figured it was a cool thing. I also found that a long time ago, but I haven't seen any posts about this in any thread so I figured I'd let you know about that. Oh you did know about that? Award of Excellence for you, in that case.

Edit: That one sentence is white for unknown reason in the spoiler, sorry about that. I can not change it. My abilities are limited in terms of bugs.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 1 of 6 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Re: Did you notice this near the end of Winter? *spoilers*

Aug 22, 2013

I noticed this on my first playthrough because I was so scared I just ran away the entire time Smiley Very Happy I seriously didn't want to get anywhere near him.

His remark about Callus really got to me though Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 6 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4848 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah. I member him saying that. Did you also know that when Ellie first runs off to see the giraffe... if you wait long enough, you'll see them start to pass under the walk way between the buildings.

Message 3 of 6 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
595 posts

Aug 22, 2013

I actually never heard him say that.  I'm gonna avoid him for a while to hear him say it.  That's pretty cool. 

Message 4 of 6 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Aug 22, 2013
Yes David is a great villain. Creeper to the max. I saw this on my 2nd playthrough..

I discovered something last night during the sniper fight on the suburbs chapter. I always thought going right would be a dead end. I went left on all of my 6 playthroughs. I had NO clue you could go right and get to the snipers house easily. Anyone else try going right?
Message 5 of 6 (364 Views)
Highlighted
Limit Breaker
24368 posts

Aug 22, 2013

TheLastLiquid wrote:
Yes David is a great villain. Creeper to the max. I saw this on my 2nd playthrough..

I discovered something last night during the sniper fight on the suburbs chapter. I always thought going right would be a dead end. I went left on all of my 6 playthroughs. I had NO clue you could go right and get to the snipers house easily. Anyone else try going right?

I went to the right the very first time! haha I tried left on my current playthrough (third playthough) and it was not working too well for me. Smiley Very Happy

49ers Sig photo 49ersSig.png
Message 6 of 6 (359 Views)
0 Likes