Reply
Jun 25 2013
By: minimur12 First Son 29 posts
Offline

Did you use listen mode? [spoiler chat]

13 replies 281 views Edited Jun 25, 2013

I tried my best not to - but I did at these points;

when you're with sam and got locked away from ellie

In the university

annd at the snowy place - Donnerville

 

im sure there were  a few more but I can't remember those

 

anyone else die 500 times while trying to kill those 2 bloaters, 5 clickers and 493 runners?

Message 1 of 14 (281 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 12/28/2011
Offline
58 posts
 

Re: Did you use listen mode? [spoiler chat]

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Never used listen mode. Never will. I feel I've lost nothing by not using it and sometimes forget that it's even a thing. Two playthroughs of Hard and I haven't had the urge to use it. For those of us who weren't entirely thrilled to hear of its addition, ND made it pretty easy to pretend it doesn't even exist. I'm pretty thankful for that.

 

The flamethrower is really overpowered. That bloater/clicker mob was pretty easy to burn off. I think the runners gave me the most trouble. Lured the three out of that side tunnel to get the light 5 on fire in one burst tag; just got it before the tank ran out.

____________________________________________________
Message 2 of 14 (274 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/21/2011
Offline
29 posts
 

Re: Did you use listen mode? [spoiler chat]

Jun 25, 2013
haha, at the University, with all the spores I was playing it as usual... killinga few off,... then I heard the bloater Smiley Indifferent and nearly crapped myself. It's like a mix between a lion/growl
Message 3 of 14 (263 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/14/2013
Offline
428 posts
 

Re: Did you use listen mode? [spoiler chat]

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

minimur12 wrote:
haha, at the University, with all the spores I was playing it as usual... killinga few off,... then I heard the bloater Smiley Indifferent and nearly crapped myself. It's like a mix between a lion/growl

That parts quite easy didnt die once there.

 

Go to the room on the other side, get bottles, now keep chucking them to the room opposite until most/all clickers run towards the noise then just walk around them. Worse come to worst, just get your flamethrower out.

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 4 of 14 (243 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/23/2013
Offline
12 posts
 

Re: Did you use listen mode? [spoiler chat]

Jun 25, 2013

I snuck up and shived all the clickers.  Then unloaded my molotov cocktails and bombs on the bloater.

Message 5 of 14 (232 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/21/2012
Offline
875 posts
 

Re: Did you use listen mode? [spoiler chat]

Jun 25, 2013

I have finished the game three times and I haven't used listen mode once.

Message 6 of 14 (221 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/22/2009
Online
5488 posts
 

Re: Did you use listen mode? [spoiler chat]

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Just about to finish my first play through. (Just saw it took me almost 30 hours) Started on Hard and never used listen mode. Some sections were pretty rough.


Message 7 of 14 (209 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/14/2013
Offline
428 posts
 

Re: Did you use listen mode? [spoiler chat]

Jun 25, 2013

TomatoDragon wrote:

Just about to finish my first play through. (Just saw it took me almost 30 hours) Started on Hard and never used listen mode. Some sections were pretty rough.


Listen mode is turned off on hard.

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 8 of 14 (200 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 12/28/2011
Offline
58 posts
 

Re: Did you use listen mode? [spoiler chat]

Jun 25, 2013

Cimbom19855 wrote:

TomatoDragon wrote:

Just about to finish my first play through. (Just saw it took me almost 30 hours) Started on Hard and never used listen mode. Some sections were pretty rough.


Listen mode is turned off on hard.


It's still activated on hard. It's Survivor where there's no option to turn it on. (literally doesn't exist. The supplement skill selection isn't even there.)

____________________________________________________
Message 9 of 14 (196 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 06/14/2013
Offline
428 posts
 

Re: Did you use listen mode? [spoiler chat]

Jun 25, 2013

Majorlollalot wrote:

Cimbom19855 wrote:

TomatoDragon wrote:

Just about to finish my first play through. (Just saw it took me almost 30 hours) Started on Hard and never used listen mode. Some sections were pretty rough.


Listen mode is turned off on hard.


It's still activated on hard. It's Survivor where there's no option to turn it on. (literally doesn't exist. The supplement skill selection isn't even there.)


Whats the difference between hard and normal then?

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 10 of 14 (194 Views)
Reply
0 Likes