Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Re: Did you use listen mode? [spoiler chat]

Jun 25, 2013

I used it at times, but not as much as you'd expect.

I mean it's... there... I never found a good time to use it.  I maybe used it several times, not to much though.

4. Mass Effect 2
Message 11 of 14 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Cimbom19855 wrote:

Majorlollalot wrote:

Cimbom19855 wrote:

TomatoDragon wrote:

Just about to finish my first play through. (Just saw it took me almost 30 hours) Started on Hard and never used listen mode. Some sections were pretty rough.

Listen mode is turned off on hard.

It's still activated on hard. It's Survivor where there's no option to turn it on. (literally doesn't exist. The supplement skill selection isn't even there.)

Whats the difference between hard and normal then?

I'm not sure. Maybe the amount of supplies you can find. Besides listen mode being inactive on Survivor there's a lot of supplies missing that you normally find on Hard mode. I know listen is definitely active for hard because the tutorial is there for it at the beginning, and the option to turn it off is visible in the gameplay options. On Survivor that option isn't there as it's unusable in that mode.

Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Played Hard and Hard+ first, used Listen Mode in abundance.
Just finished Survivor, about to start Survivor+, and I'll say I don't miss Listen Mode. You get used to not having it very quickly and the challenge makes every encounter so much more intense. While the story cutscenes may have lost impact the third time through, the gameplay still remains intense.

Oh, and Ellie's jokes never get old.
"People are making apocalypse jokes like there's no tomorrow...
Too soon."
Message 13 of 14 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I used Listen Mode a lot. It may not be the most realistic ability, but I look at it this way. If the enemies I were to be fighting(if this were real) relied on sound to locate you and move around, I would be listening for them around every corner. I have pretty good hearing now, so think about what it would be like if you survived 20 years of this infection. You would almost have a listen mode.

Also, look at Aragorn in LOTR TTT, he uses a form of it where he puts his ear to a rock to hear footsteps. Listen mode!

Message 14 of 14 (81 Views)
0 Likes