Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 15 2013
By: Nate3963 Gaming Beast 2055 posts

Different Perspectives.

[ Edited ]
21 replies 265 views Edited Apr 17, 2013

Thought I'd spice things up here.  

So, I was wondering, who's shoes would you prefer to be in?   

Joel Position: You have lived in our time and experienced it all.You've seen technology grow and prosper and humanity become more understanding. You've experienced love and had friends, gone out and had fun. 

Now, all that has been ripped away by this epidemic. Everyday life has become a struggle and most of the remaining people of this Earth have gone off the deep end. Would you like to retain the memories of a better time?  

Ellie's Position: You were born into this apocolypse, you know nothing else other than this. The lifestyle that you live is not an oddity since you grew up from birth with it. Life is difficult but you've grown accustomed and in-different to it. Stories of a different time are that of a myth to you, a funny story. Would you prefer to be ignorant to our past?  

So, comment below which position you'd prefer and why? I'd like to see what you guys think.  

Can't have "I'm Excited", "MP Month" and "GOTY" threads flooding the place. I'll go nuts.   

Decided to keep tally.   

Ellie: 6

Joel: 5 (Including Me).  

Bill: 2 (Smh).

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 1 of 22 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Re: Different Perspectives.

Apr 15, 2013
The perspective of Ellie, I think.

Having this great life and losing it all might be too much for me. At least Ellie doesn't have a past that she misses.
Message 2 of 22 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Yeah true. Though at least with Joel you'd have better times to reflect on. Plus if humanity needs re-building at least you'll have a viable template to go on.

I think I'd go with Joel's perspective.

Message 3 of 22 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Apr 15, 2013
Joel's perspective. Growing up in a repressive military school can't be much fun for Ellie. At least Joel is granted some degree of independence as a black-market dealer
 photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Message 4 of 22 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Apr 15, 2013
I would say Joel because at least he can keep his humanity. If your born into that type of world you will basically become an animal. You kill to survive.

This is why I'm excited for tlou. The Joel and ellie relationship is so unique. They are both going to affect each other in different ways. I feel like ellie is going to keep her humanity because of Joel outlook on life and Joel is going to regain his humanity because he starts to care for ellie and wants to protect her
Message 5 of 22 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Apr 15, 2013
Definitely Joel's. Besides the fact that I have the same first name, it just would seem entirely hopeless to live in Ellie's world where she has never experienced any good.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 22 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 15, 2013

I expected to hear alot of Ellie's actually. I'm getting the exact opposite. I thought most would have Cal's mindset. This discussion is going pretty good so far I'd say.  

I like everyone's explanation's on their choices, interesting to read. 

Message 7 of 22 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
604 posts

Apr 16, 2013
I'd go in the same direction as Calcunnon. Being in Joel's situation would mean you'd have lost many loved ones and had to brutally murder other survivors. That would leave some pretty heavy emotional scarring. Where as having had no real idea of your true family, growing up in a violent world but being accustomed to it would be lucky in my opinion. Ellie's shoes, merely because you wouldn't have known there we better times, that this is how it works and you deal with it.
Message 8 of 22 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9060 posts

Apr 16, 2013

I wanna be Bill. 

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 9 of 22 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Apr 16, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

I wanna be Bill. 

You certainly ain't starving after the world ends.

@op - I'd much rather Joel's perspective. Ellie has much to learn and while her perspective is extremely fascinating, Joel knows both worlds and has learned what it takes to survive.

Message 10 of 22 (151 Views)
0 Likes