May 24 2013
By: PsiloCube Wastelander 769 posts

Different Pittsburgh Gameplay "DAT A.I."

[ Edited ]
44 replies 784 views Edited May 24, 2013

Quickturn is still in the game for anyone that thought it got removed. It's at 12:30ish.

Guy was playing on easy. Looks like enemies have less line-of-sight and you take MUCH less damage. Can't really tell if there's more scavange items than on normal.

sig.png

Message 1 of 45 (784 Views)
I Only Post Everything
869 posts

Re: Different Pittsburg Gameplay "DAT A.I."

May 24, 2013

After seeing the Lincoln level from this guy in 1080p, I was hoping for the Pittsburgh level too. Thanks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 45 (750 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

May 24, 2013
thanks for the post..tools upgrade level 1 hmmm?
Message 3 of 45 (749 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

May 24, 2013
wait is TLOU 1080p?, thought it would be 720?
Message 4 of 45 (743 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

May 24, 2013

hyper2for wrote:
wait is TLOU 1080p?, thought it would be 720?

Pretty sure it's upscaled to 1080p.

sig.png

Message 5 of 45 (741 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Re: Different Pittsburgh Gameplay "DAT A.I."

May 24, 2013

Thanks dude :smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 45 (672 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1566 posts

May 24, 2013
Yeah it's at 1080p. It said so on the back of the preorder box.
[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 7 of 45 (666 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

May 24, 2013

I've noticed some new stuff in this video.

* I was paying attention around 12:30, for the quickturn, then I realised we can put the camera in Joel's face. It looks like the camera system works as what I call Dead Space camera scheme. If you move only the camera, the character stays still and you can look at his face and behind him. But if you move the character, the camera always stays at his back. I like this scheme.

* Joel and Ellie took cover in the same cover spot and they didn't seem to go through each other. Their positions seemd to fit very well, with his arm around her. I don't think that was a coincidence. And it looked great.

* It seems that when an enemy uses a melee weapon and Joel picks the weapon up, after killing the guy, the durability that the guy had consumed is ignored and Joel aquires the weapon with full durability. I don't think this is a problem (the magic durability regen when a weapon changes owner). However, I do hope that the durability is consumed for the enemies and that sometimes enemies weapons also break. Perhaps they'll run out of ammo, as well. That's be cool.

Message 8 of 45 (663 Views)
Wastelander
769 posts

May 24, 2013

Solid_Altair wrote:

I've noticed some new stuff in this video.

* I was paying attention around 12:30, for the quickturn, then I realised we can put the camera in Joel's face. It looks like the camera system works as what I call Dead Space camera scheme. If you move only the camera, the character stays still and you can look at his face and behind him. But if you move the character, the camera always stays at his back. I like this scheme.

* Joel and Ellie took cover in the same cover spot and they didn't seem to go through each other. Their positions seemd to fit very well, with his arm around her. I don't think that was a coincidence. And it looked great.

* It seems that when an enemy uses a melee weapon and Joel picks the weapon up, after killing the guy, the durability that the guy had consumed is ignored and Joel aquires the weapon with full durability. I don't think this is a problem (the magic durability regen when a weapon changes owner). However, I do hope that the durability is consumed for the enemies and that sometimes enemies weapons also break. Perhaps they'll run out of ammo, as well. That's be cool.

I love their cover animation, too. Makes you feel like you're really shielding a scared little girl from harm. I couldn't agree with you more with the rest of the post aswell.

sig.png

Message 9 of 45 (658 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

May 24, 2013

A.I is so good.

Message 10 of 45 (618 Views)
0 Likes