Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 16 2013
By: BO2TLOU Lombax Warrior 107 posts

Difficulty Mode Questions

2 replies 131 views Edited Jun 16, 2013
I've been avoiding the forums for a while because I won't be able to start TLOU until Monday, but I had to sneak in to ask a question.

What does hard mode do to make the game harder? I know there are less supplies, and I would assume that you die quicker but how are enemies affected? Do they become more sponge-like, or do they die in the same number of shots as normal?

Also, what does new game plus do that's different? Do you just bring your stuff from the first run over, or do enemies get tougher? Is enemy placement changed in NG+?

Too many questions.
Message 1 of 3 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5820 posts

Re: Difficulty Mode Questions

Jun 16, 2013

According to this source here's the details of NG+.

Here’s what New Game Plus offers:

-Your Health
-Stats such as increased health, increased time for crafting items etc.
-Your collectibles
-Weapon Upgrades
-Crafting Levels

As for the first question, I don't know since I played it on hard first. It's not too bad especially because you can use the listen mode. Though if you just want to enjoy the story without any frustration, normal is the way to go. 

Message 2 of 3 (111 Views)
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Re: Difficulty Mode Questions

Jun 16, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

According to this source here's the details of NG+.

Here’s what New Game Plus offers:

-Your Health
-Stats such as increased health, increased time for crafting items etc.
-Your collectibles
-Weapon Upgrades
-Crafting Levels

As for the first question, I don't know since I played it on hard first. It's not too bad especially because you can use the listen mode. Though if you just want to enjoy the story without any frustration, normal is the way to go. 

I was planning on playing with listen mode off, so I think normal is the way to go. Should still be a good challenge. NG+ Sounds fun too. 

Message 3 of 3 (94 Views)
0 Likes