Dec 23 2013
By: Grabnok First Son 5 posts

Do NOT purchase the digital copy!

[ Edited ]
16 replies 369 views Edited Dec 23, 2013

The store page is a dirty liar. It says it's only 152 Mb, which right off the bat is a bit off. When you get done installing it, you go in game and are put in a loading screen where the game REALLY downloads. I don't know exactly how big this thing it, but it's huge. So unless you are willing to let your PS3 sit there for almost all day, or if you have an extremely fast download speed, then go for it. But only if you don't wanna drive out to the nearest game store and purchase it for $50. Which is preferable really since it's cheaper than online. Really depends on how much gas your car uses or if you even have a car.

So yeah. HUGE **bleep** download for some ungodly reason. Been downloading since 12:30 PM. It is now 7:18 PM and it's not even at %10. It is god awful. But then again my download speed isnt great. But it still way too big of a size.

EDIT: Okay nevermind. It's at %10.11 but that's not a lot of difference.

Message 1 of 17 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

you didn't lo

Dec 23, 2013

Are you sure you didn't look at the online/season pass? The game is around 25GB's.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 2 of 17 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Re: Do NOT purchase the digital copy!

Dec 23, 2013
Oh my god some people...
Dude, in the store page in te description, im lretty sure that there's a note at the end of the paragraph that says very clearly that te download is JUST FOR THE INSTALLER/DOWNLOADER hence the 152 mb shown.

I see is hard for some people to read though.
Message 3 of 17 (352 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 23, 2013

Well excuse me for thinking it would simply purchase the game like any other online purchase. Also, I don't think this game has much reason to be 25 GB. It doesn't make sense at all. I was suspicious as to why it was 152 Mb, but I figured it was because I previously owned the game and it was still installed to my console. I didn't read it because I am used to that stuff simply being a description of the game. SO EXCUSE ME Princess.

Message 4 of 17 (338 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Dec 23, 2013

Textures only are probably 10GB... Just saying

Art by Janice Chu
Message 5 of 17 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Dec 23, 2013

Grabnok wrote:

Well excuse me for thinking it would simply purchase the game like any other online purchase. Also, I don't think this game has much reason to be 25 GB. It doesn't make sense at all. I was suspicious as to why it was 152 Mb, but I figured it was because I previously owned the game and it was still installed to my console. I didn't read it because I am used to that stuff simply being a description of the game. SO EXCUSE ME Princess.

PS3 games are about 25GB's, because they use bluray discs. Better storage space.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 6 of 17 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
265 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2013

OH just face it Grabnok you screwed up and miss read it, so just say so and take your medicine. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 17 (311 Views)
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Dec 23, 2013

Grabnok wrote:

Also, I don't think this game has much reason to be 25 GB.  I didn't read it because I am used to that stuff simply being a description of the game. SO EXCUSE ME Princess.

No Game ever on PS3 looking that good would be 152 Mb

Anyway,  have to Kudo you for the Zelda reference though.

Message 8 of 17 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
229 posts

Dec 23, 2013
You can play the game fine, when the download is at 70.00%, which is perfectly fine, I play the MP at 74.00%, and it works so fine for me, no difference between the full download from the 70% download, which is 19GB.
Message 9 of 17 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Dec 23, 2013

RainzFTW wrote:
You can play the game fine, when the download is at 70.00%, which is perfectly fine, I play the MP at 74.00%, and it works so fine for me, no difference between the full download from the 70% download, which is 19GB.

Errr. weren't you the one "bleeeping" about that lag issues? And that everything is crap? Now everything is fine?

Or are you playing the multiplayer while downloading - well if you do THAT: Facepalm.

Art by Janice Chu
Message 10 of 17 (262 Views)
0 Likes