Reply
First Son
Registered: 12/23/2013
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: Do NOT purchase the digital copy!

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2013

No. I didn't "mis-read" it. I didn't read it at all. I purchase games online all the time with steam and xbox. I've only really bought games on PSN whenever they're small "arcade" (if you all use the same word) titles. Other than Okami and Kingdoms of Shamalamadingdong (which was free) and all those times the description was simply that. A description of the game. I didn't look at the description because I already knew what the game was because I have played it previously. Which is also why I figured the 152 MB was just the game being registered that I bought it since the PS3 has the feature of installing games when you put the disc in. I know on the xbox doesn't install the full game but the PS3, for all I knew, worked differently and intalled the whole game to increase performance even more so.

 

I guess this is what I get for trying to give the PS3 credit. I get insulted when I'm trying to be helpful.

 

But yeah, this is the first time I've dealt with an installer on any console game that wasn't an MMO. So excuse me for thinking The Last of Us wasn't different.

Message 11 of 17 (131 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/02/2013
Offline
122 posts
 

Re: Do NOT purchase the digital copy!

Dec 23, 2013

Grabnok wrote:

No. I didn't "mis-read" it. I didn't read it at all. I purchase games online all the time with steam and xbox. I've only really bought games on PSN whenever they're small "arcade" (if you all use the same word) titles. Other than Okami and Kingdoms of Shamalamadingdong (which was free) and all those times the description was simply that. A description of the game. I didn't look at the description because I already knew what the game was because I have played it previously. Which is also why I figured the 152 MB was just the game being registered that I bought it since the PS3 has the feature of installing games when you put the disc in. I know on the xbox doesn't install the full game but the PS3, for all I knew, worked differently and intalled the whole game to increase performance even more so.

 


Lol @ you for still acting like you're right after you clearly failed to read the description of a product you spent 50+ Dollars on.


Grabnok wrote:

I guess this is what I get for trying to give the PS3 credit. I get insulted when I'm trying to be helpful.

 

But yeah, this is the first time I've dealt with an installer on any console game that wasn't an MMO. So excuse me for thinking The Last of Us wasn't different.



Xbox fanboy too much?
And i insist, how could a game like this be more than 152mb that's just common sense Smiley Wink


Message 12 of 17 (117 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/12/2013
Offline
1642 posts
 

Re: Do NOT purchase the digital copy!

Dec 23, 2013

JcKiller617 wrote:

Grabnok wrote:

No. I didn't "mis-read" it. I didn't read it at all. I purchase games online all the time with steam and xbox. I've only really bought games on PSN whenever they're small "arcade" (if you all use the same word) titles. Other than Okami and Kingdoms of Shamalamadingdong (which was free) and all those times the description was simply that. A description of the game. I didn't look at the description because I already knew what the game was because I have played it previously. Which is also why I figured the 152 MB was just the game being registered that I bought it since the PS3 has the feature of installing games when you put the disc in. I know on the xbox doesn't install the full game but the PS3, for all I knew, worked differently and intalled the whole game to increase performance even more so.

 


Lol @ you for still acting like you're right after you clearly failed to read the description of a product you spent 50+ Dollars on.


Grabnok wrote:

I guess this is what I get for trying to give the PS3 credit. I get insulted when I'm trying to be helpful.

 

But yeah, this is the first time I've dealt with an installer on any console game that wasn't an MMO. So excuse me for thinking The Last of Us wasn't different.



Xbox fanboy too much?
And i insist, how could a game like this be more than 152mb that's just common sense Smiley Wink



I have to agree here, 152mb's? C'mon...

_______________________________________________________________
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 13 of 17 (111 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/23/2013
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: Do NOT purchase the digital copy!

Dec 23, 2013

Must I reiterate that I had it previously installed and never deleted the data. I agree there was no way it was 152 MB but my thought process was "Oh, it's just using the data from it being installed," because I thought the Ps3 was better than the xbox when it came to hardware. I was apparently wrong. And I am not a fanboy. Both systems have stuff I like. I just use the xbox mainly because it's easier to communicate with friends and all the games I have are usually multiplatform. So i just get them for xbox.

 

And I bought the digital copy for the convenience. Instead of taking time to drive out to Gamestop i could just download it at home. This however was a poor action for me since the digital copy is 25 GB, which despite the blue ray, is still a load of horse crap. Plus, it's extremely inconvenient to have an intsaller like this. It doesn't allow for Background downloads and i am forced to leave the console on for probably days just to play this game.

 

And so now, regardless, everyone has labeled me an xbox "fanboy" so why am I going through the trouble? You all are just gonna insult me now. Let me make something clear. I am not a fanboy. Fanboys are scum. It all boils down to internet slap fights in the end.

 

"PLAYSTATION"

"XBOX"

"PC MASTER RACE"

 

It's all absolute horse **bleep**. 

 

PC: Expensive as **bleep** but effeicient.

PS3: Good hardware in comparison to other consoles.

Xbox: Much more user friendly, especially when it comes to communication.

Nintendo: .........I would try, but there's not much to say.

 

In the end, I own all current gen consoles. 3ds, 360, PS3, comp, Wii U. I'm not a fanboy. I'm a gamer.

 

I made this thread because I made a mistake and I didn't want others to deal with this massive download. I come here, try to help, and what happens? I get insulted. I am ridiculed. I see you all are no better than the rest of the internet...other than those Navy Seal Snipers I find all over youtube. They all suck. They all graduated at the top of their class, did you know that? Quite an impressive feat.

Message 14 of 17 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/02/2013
Offline
122 posts
 

Re: Do NOT purchase the digital copy!

Dec 23, 2013

Actually, you were ridiculed because your original OP was an overreaction to the file size of the game (which was to be expected) something that you could have avoided just by reading  the description of the game, i mean dude you made a thread ranting about it when the information was there in the game store page Smiley Tongue


Grabnok wrote:

Nintendo: .........I would try, but there's not much to say.



What do you mean? let me fix that for you:

Nintendo: Most daring company to release innovating hardware, best 1rst Party Games, (subjective, i know)  Games that can be played with the whole family, awesome franchises like Smash Bros, Mario Bros, F-Zero, Star Fox, etc.

And the most imoprtant reason: It has freakin' Zelda

Message 15 of 17 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/23/2013
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: Do NOT purchase the digital copy!

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2013

Well...I would reply but a misplaced press on the keyboard caused everything to go bonkers and I lost my whole post. So now I'm slightly more upset than I was before.

But in short, there was no need or want to read the description. Because like every other game I've downloaded it would be simply that. A description of the game. I already knew the game so there would be no point in reading the description. No need. No want. If the warning was in a more appropriate place than, from what i hear, the bottom and was instead at the top, that would make more sense.

 

But what I was gonna say was Nintendo hasn't impressed me. It feels like they keep trying to make up gimmiks that nobody seems to like. I hear practically no praise for the big tablet that comes with the Wii U. And also no praise from the new mario game they pump out several times a year. I like my Wii U, don't get me wrong. The gaming Tablet is a great way to organize things, but I feel like I'm one of the few that like it. After all, it's big, it takes up a lot of space, it's not efficient. But it's convenient to the game...if they implement it properly.

 

But at least Nintendo isn't like Microsoft. Nintendo gives alternatives and allows for backwards compatability, to an extent. Microsft is a bunch of greedy **bleep** that are trying to force the kinect into everyone's butts so they can watch everyone jump and flail in their underwear. I would find more use in the kinect if I could beat the CEO of Microsft's money-grubbing face with it.

 

Nintendo are cool guys...they're just stuck in the past and try to survive on old franchise's that refuse to die. Sure they pump a good one out every few years, but that doesn't make up for the many crappy ones in between. It's just wasted potential.

 

EDIT: I kinda lost my brain for a moment and before I realized I ended up replying regardless. Smiley Indifferent I feel even dumber.

Message 16 of 17 (90 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/02/2013
Offline
122 posts
 

Re: Do NOT purchase the digital copy!

Dec 24, 2013

You know, even though i still think that you should've read more carefully before paying for a game, i do agree that the file size note should be more noticeable.

And without derailing your topic too much, i know how you feel about Nintendo, i'm a long time Nintendo supporter, but I for example, never really liked the Nintendo Wii motion controllers, and that's why i got myself a PS3, but i do apreciate that at least Nintendo is trying to bring something of a change with the hardware they release (the 3D screens on the 3ds, the Wii U tablet) and the same can be said about Microsoft with the Kinnect, I'm not gonna pay an extra hundred bucks for it just yet, but i think that it is a step in the right direction for console gaming

And yeah, sadly the Wii U is a great system that gets a lot of hate, it's a shame though that people hate on it without even trying it out. My brother owns a Wii U and i really like it, and with some great games coming out for next year, i really feel like i'm going to spend a long time playing it.

I guess that you have to give it a chance for it to grow on you Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 17 (84 Views)
Reply
0 Likes