Jun 03 2013
By: QuAkEr-OaTz Splicer 79 posts

Do people not understand.....

13 replies 390 views Edited Jun 3, 2013

That the two MP game modes were revealed today aren't the only modes.  I've been reading comments on several websites with articles about the MP and there are complainers that its only TDM.  Slow your roll people.  ND has more than just those two. Patience please.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Re: Do people not understand.....

Jun 3, 2013

You're asking these people to be patient? You're out of your mind.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (381 Views)
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Not according to this previewer:

"Multiplayer in The Last of Us successfully captures the high-tension gunplay that defines the single-player campaign. However, it's bizarre that there are only two modes to choose from, given the many possibilities afforded by the world of TLOU. Most notably, there are no modes where any of the Infected are involved. There's no horde mode, there's no co-op mode, nor is there a mode where you can play as one of the Infected. Undoubtedly, more modes will be introduced via DLC, but with only two modes at launch, it begins to feel repetitive quite quickly."

http://www.shacknews.com/article/79453/the-last-of-us-multiplayer-preview-survival-games

Unless it's locked to the press? Not sure why ND would do that though. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (371 Views)
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Jun 3, 2013

You can already not count on that source because in the leaks, infected were mentioned for one on the modes (I think it was supply raid).

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Jun 3, 2013

seanconor wrote:

You can already not count on that source because in the leaks, infected were mentioned for one on the modes (I think it was supply raid).

That's possible, though I'm not sure if the leaks are an accurate portrayal of what's in the final product. Is there talk about the Infected appearing in Supply Raid or Survivors? I remember a lot of the modes in the Playstation All-Stars leak were never included in the final game, so that may not mean much to be honest.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I would be VERY surprised if they didn't have a mode that didn't include the Infected.  If they didn't I would be fine with it, but I would be surprised.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Honestly like I have always said the supply raid mode looked dynamic and instresting it hasent even been expalained don't worry guy the MP will be good.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Yeah, I would have preferred a co-op mode, but I've enjoyed the gameplay I've seen so far for MP. I've never been hooked onto multiplayer anyway, so it doesn't bother me much. 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (288 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Also you do know they actually played this at the sony/naughty dog offices last week for a secret event, right? The review copies have the multiplayer locked. This could mean that Sony only showed these websites these two modes and saved more to be revealed later.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jun 4, 2013
All of this can be fixed if ND just comes out & shows some footage.

Because all we have to go off is that "leaked" video...& that video,.....isn't very appealing.

(even though it looks better than Uncharted IMO)
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (172 Views)
0 Likes