Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

Re: Do people not understand.....

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

Chaoticmoon wrote:

Also you do know they actually played this at the sony/naughty dog offices last week for a secret event, right? The review copies have the multiplayer locked. This could mean that Sony only showed these websites these two modes and saved more to be revealed later.

You do realize that having the MP locked would only sabotage ND's review scores... Every major reviewer will review the game before release, so they won't experience all the content, meaning they would be disappointed in less content, in all meaning lower review scores which is bad for Naughty Dog...  I mean only being able to see or play 2 modes is pretty discouraging. I hope I'm wrong, but if not that is a very dumb decision.

tlousig2
Message 11 of 14 (110 Views)
First Son
29 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Fakehound wrote:

Chaoticmoon wrote:

Also you do know they actually played this at the sony/naughty dog offices last week for a secret event, right? The review copies have the multiplayer locked. This could mean that Sony only showed these websites these two modes and saved more to be revealed later.

You do realize that having the MP locked would only sabotage ND's review scores... Every major reviewer will review the game before release, so they won't experience all the content, meaning they would be disappointed in less content, in all meaning lower review scores which is bad for Naughty Dog... I mean I hope I'm wrong, but if not that is a very dumb decision.

Sorry but I don't see how it would create negative reviews... The singleplayer has already been reported by a reviewer that it is about 18 hours long and he played at a moderate pace.

Message 12 of 14 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Quake, THAT was what my thread was about. Me being dissapointed that Naughty Dog did not reveal all the MP types.

Message 13 of 14 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Chaoticmoon wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

Chaoticmoon wrote:

You do realize that having the MP locked would only sabotage ND's review scores... Every major reviewer will review the game before release, so they won't experience all the content, meaning they would be disappointed in less content, in all meaning lower review scores which is bad for Naughty Dog... I mean I hope I'm wrong, but if not that is a very dumb decision.

Sorry but I don't see how it would create negative reviews... The singleplayer has already been reported by a reviewer that it is about 18 hours long and he played at a moderate pace.

A game with great single player and seemingly tacked on multiplayer gets good reviews.

A game with great single player and great multiplayer gets amazing reviews, that's the difference. ND want the best review scores possible, not showing all the content clearly hinders that. So either the modes are there and the reviewers either can't play them or aren't talking about them for some reason, or they don't exist at all... yet.

tlousig2
Message 14 of 14 (66 Views)
0 Likes