Feb 16 2014
By: CapnCharisma90 First Son 11 posts

Downloaded DLC, Disc Won't Load

9 replies 188 views Edited Feb 16, 2014

So I downloaded the DLC yesterday morning and put the disc in and my PS3 doesn't read the disc. It just makes a clicking sound then an ejecting sound, but doesn't eject the disc. It's not reading the disc, but it reads every single other game or movie I have. And yes the disc is in perfect condition. No scratches or fingerprints at all. I haven't played it since last fall, and but I had similar issue and corrected it by tilting the PS3 upward and then inserting the disc, but no solution works now for some reason. I've researched the problem and it seemed to be pretty common back in the summer/fall of last year, but haven't heard much about it since.

Anyone have any ideas of what I could do? I've also already deleted my game data utilities and did a system restore and nothing has worked. I wish I could just get a digital version, but I don't want to pay a full $60 for it now. I hope I didn't just waste $15 on the DLC. =/

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Message 1 of 10 (188 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: Downloaded DLC, Disc Won't Load

Feb 16, 2014

Nobody has experienced this???

Message 2 of 10 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2014

Try deleting the patches from your HDD, then reloading the disc. It's helped me, and a few others. If theta doesn't work it sounds like it could be the disc itself, if that's the case, just exchange it for another one.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 3 of 10 (150 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 16, 2014

Yeah, I already deleted the game utilites and patches. Didn't work. The disc isn't bad. I've seen others say they took it back 3-4 times and every disc wouldn't work. But like I said, my system works with every single other game or movie, so it just doesn't make sense. I've had the game for 8 months now. Kinda late to do an exchange. 

Amazon is selling the digital copy for $30. I'm thinking about just buying that and downloading it. That shouldn't have any problems, right? 

Message 4 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Feb 16, 2014

CapnCharisma90 wrote:

Yeah, I already deleted the game utilites and patches. Didn't work. The disc isn't bad. I've seen others say they took it back 3-4 times and every disc wouldn't work. But like I said, my system works with every single other game or movie, so it just doesn't make sense. I've had the game for 8 months now. Kinda late to do an exchange. 

Amazon is selling the digital copy for $30. I'm thinking about just buying that and downloading it. That shouldn't have any problems, right? 

The digital copy has caused problem to some people too...

You might get lucky though.

Message 5 of 10 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2014

Are you serious? 

Jesus. I just want to play the darn DLC. Smiley Sad

If I buy it from Amazon and it still doesn't work, I would just tell them it didn't and get my money back though. They're usually very customer friendly. 

Message 6 of 10 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2121 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2014

CapnCharisma90 wrote:

Are you serious? 

Jesus. I just want to play the darn DLC. Smiley Sad

If I buy it from Amazon and it still doesn't work, I would just tell them it didn't and get my money back though. They're usually very customer friendly. 

Go ahead and get the digital copy since it's your best bet, but I would also get your PS3 checked out. It could have disc reading problems in the future.

Message 7 of 10 (135 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 16, 2014

Yeah, I've heard people say that the laser might be dying, but I just don't see how it's possible. It's been in use for less than a year and this is the only disc I've had problems with. Oh well, I'll give the digital code a try and see what happens.

Message 8 of 10 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 17, 2014

So I went ahead and purchased the Digital Copy from Amazon for $30. Game works fine. But I already had downloaded the DLC Friday afternoon. I clicked on it from the main menu and it just takes me to the PSN store and just says "refreshing" and doesn't leave. 

Why does this have to be so difficult? =/

Message 9 of 10 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Feb 17, 2014
You have to download the DLC again probably.
Message 10 of 10 (91 Views)
0 Likes