I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Re: E3 explanation?

Jun 23, 2013

rickyEfs_97 wrote:

I enjoyed the game so much that I forgot about the AI, but as you say, I felt the 7 minutes of the E3 2012 Demo way more intense than any other combat in the entire game. Simply watch from 6:36 and on...

I disagree the combat was very well done, it was equally good. Except the brick smash to face.

Message 11 of 39 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Jun 23, 2013

I only hope that the reason why we can't get those moves shown from 6.36 onwards is because we're too bad at this game.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 12 of 39 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2013

I had an equal experience in that area to what was in the E3 demo. The only thing missing is some extra animation and voice acting. I was stupid to mash the trigger on my semi-auto pistol to the point where it dry fired and one of the hunters rushed me; another moment where I was grabbed after failing to check my corners. They flank you in that entire area as well, both that floor and the next. I agree it isn't as visceral as that, but it's close. Better than any other game I've played.

That demo beats any CG rubbish or other bullshot stuff I've seen, ND didn't go into that 100% shameless. Although the one thing I wish they'd kept in the game is crouch sprinting. Seriously miss that. Especially against that sniper.

Uncharted Territory
1992 posts

Jun 23, 2013

J-Wrangler: Naughty Dog doesn't have to explain anything to a little child like you. They don't give into cry baby demands. If you were intelligent enough, you'd realize that a demo is NEVER the final product. The E3 demo was SCRIPTED.

Message 14 of 39 (221 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 23, 2013

why am I seeing so many threads about this, the AI isnt bad in this game,  besides minor glitches of course. BUT i do wonder why they changed up the AI during that E3 demo.

Message 15 of 39 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jun 23, 2013
IPumpmygun.... Bugger off. Any idiot could understand a decent number of people purchased this game expecting something like what shown at E3.
Scripted eh? Thats not what ND said. Are you insinuating they lied?
Too clear things up... The AI in the final product isnt bad... But its not nearly as good as it should be. Im thinking some of you get wrapped up in the game and simply dont notice when the enemies act broken. Which is a testament to how intense the game gets.... But like I said before... Dudes with boards will run directly at the barrel of a shotgun with no sense of self preservation whatsoever.
Thats weird considering this AI was promoted as displaying fear...
Message 16 of 39 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 23, 2013
It was totally scripted, either that or they just practiced the exact same route twice.

The Last of Us was on Jimmy Fallon's The Late Show and they played a demo, which turned out to be exactly the same as the E3 demo. Like literally exactly, to the point where I almost thought it was just a recording and he pretended to play. Its worth noting that either Bruce Straley or Neil Druckmann played, not Fallon, lol.
Message 17 of 39 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 23, 2013
Although to clarify what I just said, I still think The Last of Us is the best game I've evrr played, or really ever made. GOTY for me, Bioshock Infinite is a close second.

Demos usually just bring out the best of the game. You can do most of the stuff in the demo, but this demo came out in what, 2012? They changed stuff. Disarmimg enemies would make the game ridiculously easy and defeat the purpose of managing bullets since nearly every human has a gun. The only thing I've never seen in the game is being choked from the floor. Everything else was in the game, just not all in 10 minutes, which made the demo seem incredible
Message 18 of 39 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Message 19 of 39 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jun 23, 2013
The only thing that bugs me is the obvious decline in the AI's quality.... Disarming enemies isnt that big a deal. Imstead of actively searching for supplies they tend to just stare into corners, charge Joel even when they arent armed, and have horrible vision.
Message 20 of 39 (152 Views)
0 Likes