Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Re: Ellen Page Calls Out ND For Ripping Off Her Likeness!

Jun 25, 2013

They motion captured the voice acrtress for this. The only reason they appear kind of similar is because of the ponytail that Ellen Page had in Juno. The name draws people in the wrong direction though. ND did recognize that Ellie looked a little too much like her and made changes but there's no reason to scrap the whole character.

Message 81 of 104 (240 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jun 25, 2013
It's funny because until just now I had no idea who she was. Maybe this will help her popularity. She should thank ND, now me and like 10 of my friends know who she actually is because of this game and the fuss over her likeness.
Message 82 of 104 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Skinny219 wrote:
It's funny because until just now I had no idea who she was. Maybe this will help her popularity. She should thank ND, now me and like 10 of my friends know who she actually is because of this game and the fuss over her likeness.

I highly recommend you watch the movie "Hard Candy" then.

Great flick. It's where I first noticed her.

And she is already pretty popular, after appearing in "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "Inception."

But, my favorite roles of her's are "Whip It" and "Hard Candy."

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 83 of 104 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Ellie DOES look like Ellen Page. In fact, the first time I saw a trailer of TLOU, I thought, wow this girl is modeled after Ellen Page. Consider Beyond is coming out this year too, I was like, ok, so every game's girl has to look like her now? (joking) LOL

But the mannerism, the body and face. I totally think EP looks like Ellie when she was 14. Smiley Tongue

photo 6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - twitter.com/mrsjimmymare
Message 84 of 104 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
486 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

________________________________________________________________________________________

On Reddit, Page said the initial similarities between herself and The Last of Us' Ellie were "not appreciated" because she was also cast as Jodie Holmes in Beyond: Two Souls, which is due out for PlayStation 3 in October 2013.

"I guess I should be flattered that they ripped off my likeness," said Page, "but I am actually acting in a videogame called Beyond Two Souls, so it was not appreciated."

________________________________________________________________________________________

Isn't this reply of her based on the first look of Ellie rather than the final one ?

Does look that way to me, and she says "it" was not appreciated, guess it would refer to Quantic Dream as a whole rather than just her.

And while the first look of Ellie did look like her, the final one doesn't look so much like Page to me, but sure they're both short white girl with dark hair.

Message 85 of 104 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Re: Ellen Page is full of it.

Jun 25, 2013

Juzzx wrote:
Anyone agree that Superman wishes he was Spiderman? I mean really.... nice guy attitude...wears a stupid latex outfit...flies around the city....

There are some similarities to Juno (not Ellen specifically) as in dress code and attitude but that's more to credit Ellen's acting than anything else. There's lots of teenage girls like Juno and Ellie.

Wasnt DC first...

Message 86 of 104 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I'd love a version of TLOU where Ellie was more like Boltie from "Super"... Smiley Happy

Actually, no, maybe that would be scarier than the game we got!

Message 87 of 104 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Jun 25, 2013

The final version of Ellie looks nothing like Ellen. 

Message 88 of 104 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Jun 25, 2013

the older version did look almost exactly like Ellen Page. I'm sure Naughty Dog recognized that and then changed her looks to look a little more like Ashley.

The mannerisms are pretty much like Ellen Page in Juno, and some of her other stuff... but it doesn't really matter because Ellie needed that type of character to survive in TLOU.

Message 89 of 104 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Skinny219 wrote:

Which rock have you been living under?

sig.png

Message 90 of 104 (108 Views)