First Son
13 posts

Re: Ellen Page Calls Out ND For Ripping Off Her Likeness!

Jun 24, 2013
Sorry Ellen, but you don't have a monopoly on round faces, brownish-red hair or spunky attitudes and swearing. Maybe she had an argument with the old Ellie design, but the redesign has barely a passing resemblance to Ellen Page. Naughty Dog "ripped off" Ellen Page with Ellie's design the same way they ripped off Hugh Jackman when designing Joel, because obviously Hugh Jackman has the market cornered on gruff, ill-tempered men.

TL;DR Get over yourself.
Message 51 of 104 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Jun 24, 2013

The first thing that I thought about Ellie was how she reminded me of the character Ellen Page played in Juno. So there is a very strong resemblance.

Message 52 of 104 (344 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jun 24, 2013

This is absolutely absurd. 

Message 53 of 104 (329 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

Even my brother and I were like "Wow, that looks like Ellen Page," after seeing the first TLOU trailer reveal at the VGA's in 2011. Aftert hey changed her looks little, she still resembled EP, in my opinion.

Most video game characters resemble someone famous or in the devs personal life -- Even without their consent.

Hell, am I the only one who thought the character Robert looked like the actor Jerome Flynn?

RobertTLOU.jpg

Jerome Flynn.jpg

Was that a "Rip off," or did he actually do the mo-cap for the character?

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 54 of 104 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:

I don't think its ripped off her likeness so much. The final model looks nothing like her IMO. Ellie looks FAR too young.

The personality traits are not exclusive to Ellen Page either. I like Ellen Page but I think she is being silly about this. Is Christian Bale or Josh Brolin going to attack next saying Joel looked too much like them?

Actually, I think Joel looked more like James Brolin.

And I doubt he would complain. He was a handsome son-of-a-gun when he was younger. (Still is, I suppose.)

He can be forever young... in a video game. Smiley Tongue

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 55 of 104 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Jun 24, 2013

LOL WHAT!? Why on earth would ND need to generate more buzz? The hype going into the VGA's about The Last Of Us was already massive enough, plus with the Naughty Dog label attached to it, that was more than enough. I loved Ashley Johnson as Ellie, she was incredible. More awards definitely does not been better actor. If you think that than fine, that's your opionion but do not force it upon others and make it a statement. 

Message 56 of 104 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Even though Ashley did a great job, maybe Ellen Page would have been better because her voice sounds a bit higher pitched, which might be a bit better suited for a child but I dunno.

Message 57 of 104 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Stop all this talk about Ellen, Ashley is the true Ellie, and tbh Ashley looks like a better person in real life compared to Ellen.
Message 58 of 104 (283 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10845 posts

Jun 24, 2013

beansalog wrote:
Eh the final model of ellie looks different ebough but her mannerisms are very similar to me. But Joel looks nothing like bale or brolin. More like Gerard butler or even a tad like Hugh jackman

No way. I saw brolin in him right off the bat, and to a lesser extent bale.

Message 59 of 104 (274 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jun 24, 2013

I think IGN and everyone is over-reacting over Ellen's two sentences of response towards it.  She just responded that she didn't appreciate the close similarities when someone on reddit asked her.  That was it.  It was the internet that continued the conversation. 

And... I think Ashley Johnson did an awesome job as the voice actor of Ellie. 

Message 60 of 104 (249 Views)
0 Likes