Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: Ellen Page Calls Out ND For Ripping Off Her Likeness!

Jun 24, 2013

duke_of_platypus wrote:

An actress, versus Sony, the multi-billion dollar company. Let's see how well that works...

Also...

asdasdf

What the - I swear she looks even more like the Page now (and I did some googling to make sure it wasn't my faulty memory).

But all this has reminded me is that EP is hot..

Don't let that picture fool you, because Ellie still looks remarkably like Ellen Page. I find it weird how ND fattened up her lips btw. It looks weird in that picture. Honestly that picture just looks like they fattened up the original EP model.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 104 (274 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 24, 2013
What a crazy sensationalistic title...Even Ellen gave credits to Ashley(the actress behind the virtual Ellie) on twitter.
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 104 (271 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Jun 24, 2013

I wonder if Dijmon hounsou is mad at sony santa monica for using his likeness for kratos :smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 104 (220 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Ellen Page is full of it.

Jun 24, 2013

So I've played through the last of us like 5 times now. I really like Ellie, she's a deep and complex character...

Now Ellen page is trying to claim that naughty dog ripped off her likeness? LOL seriously? after doing a comparison, the only similarities I could find is the hair... they look completely different. If you take the "likeness" of her character from Beyond two souls and put it next to ellie, they look nothing alike. 

Anyways. I think naughty dog should totally call her out on this. 

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 104 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Re: Ellen Page is full of it.

Jun 24, 2013

LTCOL_Awesome wrote:

So I've played through the last of us like 5 times now. I really like Ellie, she's a deep and complex character...

Now Ellen page is trying to claim that naughty dog ripped off her likeness? LOL seriously? after doing a comparison, the only similarities I could find is the hair... they look completely different. If you take the "likeness" of her character from Beyond two souls and put it next to ellie, they look nothing alike. 

Anyways. I think naughty dog should totally call her out on this. 

She didn't really start anything. Someone asked her on Reddit about it and she just answered the question. It's not like she tweeted them specifically about it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 104 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 24, 2013
There is already a thread on this.
TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 104 (477 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jun 24, 2013

two of them.  Seriously Ellen Page even tweeted how awesome Ashley Johnson portrayed Ellie.  Does that sound like Ellen is being full of it?  

I think people need to read the context before jumping into it.  She only responded to someone ASKING her about it.  She responds bluntly and moved onto the next question.  It's the internet that is drawing this out further than it should be.

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 104 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Its not only her looks, her mannerisms are the same. You obviously have never seen an Ellen Page movie... saying that though Ellie/Ashley and Ellen are all awesome

Oops Right? - Tess : The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 104 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Anyone agree that Superman wishes he was Spiderman? I mean really.... nice guy attitude...wears a stupid latex outfit...flies around the city....

There are some similarities to Juno (not Ellen specifically) as in dress code and attitude but that's more to credit Ellen's acting than anything else. There's lots of teenage girls like Juno and Ellie.
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 104 (369 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4123 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Maedaa wrote:
What a crazy sensationalistic title...Even Ellen gave credits to Ashley(the actress behind the virtual Ellie) on twitter.

A fan tweeted her with "I really liked you in the Last of Us."

She replied with "Not me. Ashely Johnson played the part. So send her the props."

As others have said, this got blown out of proportion.

A fan asked her a question on reddit and she answered honestly. Before that, you never heard of Ellen Page publicly crying ND "ripped off" her likeness -- and I doubt you will ever again.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 104 (191 Views)