Reply
Splicer
Registered: 06/05/2013
Offline
72 posts
 

Re: Ellie MP skin?

Jun 8, 2013

King_Cobra97 wrote:

pandasftuw wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

pandasftuw wrote:
You said:

MAJORITY, do you know what it means? Because the majority of people aren't scared of a 5 year old(and as I've said there is a scale depending on how close to an adult).

So, newborns compaired to 40 year old men have, on average, the same level of innocence, that's what you're saying,

Sounds like you're making an argument that a child is always innocent. And you failed. So what are you trying to argue?

No, my arguement is that the majority of children are more innocent then adults, DUH. 


So a 17 year old is on average more innocent than an 18 year old why? 


Age, experience is one way to lose innocence. The amount is less between a 17 and 18 but 3 and 18 is very different.


The amount is less between 17 and 18? The amount is relative and completely dependant on the individual. 

 

So is 3 and 16, both children. Age doesn't equal loss of innocence. Also, there are obviously many acceptions of innocent adults and uninnocent children, so your argument holds no weight as characters can be expections to the majority. By your logic we shouldn't have 21 year olds in because they are more innocent than 50 year olds on average. 

 

 

Message 81 of 120 (166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/26/2008
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: Ellie MP skin?

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

In a Post Pandemic World! Ellie is considered a woman. and she will be treated as such! (don't judge me, I didn't make the rules....)



.
Message 82 of 120 (166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/05/2013
Offline
72 posts
 

Re: Ellie MP skin?

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

She is 14 and you have the option not to play. I'd rather kill no innocent person, but this is mp where they are trying to kill you and oh yeah A FICTIONAL GAME.

Message 83 of 120 (160 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/29/2012
Offline
1571 posts
 

Re: Ellie MP skin?

Jun 8, 2013

Obviously you aren't getting this.

 

 

The age you become an adult is 18. Anyone below that is a child or a minor. Children and minors haven't fully developed they generally have more innocence compaired to adults, a few reassons why killing a child is worse. 18 is just where society has drawn the line.   

 

 

Message 84 of 120 (121 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/05/2013
Offline
72 posts
 

Re: Ellie MP skin?

Jun 8, 2013

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Obviously you aren't getting this.

 

 

The age you become an adult is 18. Anyone below that is a child or a minor. Children and minors haven't fully developed they generally have more innocence compaired to adults, a few reassons why killing a child is worse. 18 is just where society has drawn the line.   

 

 


You say I'm not getting this then just mention everything I've already directly addressed.

 

Again:  Age doesn't equal loss of innocence. Also, there are obviously many acceptions of innocent adults and uninnocent children, so your argument holds no weight as characters can be expections to the majority. By your logic we shouldn't have 21 year olds in because they are more innocent than 50 year olds on average. 

 

21 year olds generally have more innocence than 50 year olds. You're listing why killing an innocent person is worse not a child. Do you think killing a 16 year old rapist is worse than killing a 20 year old who has never hurt anyone? 

 

 

 

Message 85 of 120 (110 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 05/01/2013
Offline
769 posts
 

Re: Ellie MP skin?

Jun 8, 2013

You sound like a broken record.

 

Bottom line is, MOST people would rather kill a fully developed adult than a kid in a video game. That's it, done deal. She won't be in multiplayer.

sig.png

Message 86 of 120 (99 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/05/2013
Offline
72 posts
 

Re: Ellie MP skin?

Jun 8, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

You sound like a broken record.

 

Bottom line is, MOST people would rather kill a fully developed adult than a kid in a video game. That's it, done deal. She won't be in multiplayer.


Don't use ad populum fallacies just because you can't rationalise this. I'd rather kill a murderer of 17 then an innocent 18 year old. Don't know about you. 

Message 87 of 120 (92 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/26/2008
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: Ellie MP skin?

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

Yeah, it's pretty obvious from a business standpoint, killing a kid (Ellie) won't go over well. Fox News would have a field day, and overly sensitive gamers would form petitions to boycott, ect, ect. However in a Post Pandemic World (and in real life war zones around the world) child soilders are a very real threat. you either kill them, or they will kill you. Metal Gear Solid talks about this with their "Jack the Ripper" aka "Raiden" storyline.



.
Message 88 of 120 (91 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 05/01/2013
Offline
769 posts
 

Re: Ellie MP skin?

Jun 8, 2013

pandasftuw wrote:

PsiloCube wrote:

You sound like a broken record.

 

Bottom line is, MOST people would rather kill a fully developed adult than a kid in a video game. That's it, done deal. She won't be in multiplayer.


Don't use ad populum fallacies just because you can't rationalise this. I'd rather kill a murderer of 17 then an innocent 18 year old. Don't know about you. 


And you're the one screaming IT'S A GAMEEEEEE.

 

dealwithit.gif

sig.png

Message 89 of 120 (85 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/05/2013
Offline
72 posts
 

Re: Ellie MP skin?

Jun 8, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

pandasftuw wrote:

PsiloCube wrote:

You sound like a broken record.

 

Bottom line is, MOST people would rather kill a fully developed adult than a kid in a video game. That's it, done deal. She won't be in multiplayer.


Don't use ad populum fallacies just because you can't rationalise this. I'd rather kill a murderer of 17 then an innocent 18 year old. Don't know about you. 


And you're the one screaming IT'S A GAMEEEEEE.

 

dealwithit.gif


It is a game that you are applying real world morals to, not me. Are you dense? 

Message 90 of 120 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes