Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 30 2013
By: Punk4real First Son 16 posts

Ellie and swimming...

[ Edited ]
4 replies 340 views Edited Jun 30, 2013

It would've have been EXTREMELY satisfying if ND made it so Ellie could swim by the final Spring Season. Imagine that. It would've been an absolutely fantastic way of showing the development of Joel and Ellie's relationship, through actual gameplay!
I find it hard to believe Joel didn't teach her such an important survival skill during the entire year....like, come on.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Re: Ellie and swimming...

Jun 30, 2013

Well, all the water locations I noticed were in places that were possible Hunter or Infected locations, so it would have probably put her at risk.

Of course, it could have been somewhere between those seasons, but I don't mind.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (298 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jun 30, 2013

WinterEdit wrote:

Well, all the water locations I noticed were in places that were possible Hunter or Infected locations, so it would have probably put her at risk.

Of course, it could have been somewhere between those seasons, but I don't mind.

Not really. What about the area near the Dam during Fall season? Seems very scenic and peaceful.

I'm guessing the infected cant swim, so they don't matter. Only trouble would be hunters/bandits.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jun 30, 2013

Punk4real wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

Not really. What about the area near the Dam during Fall season? Seems very scenic and peaceful.

I'm guessing the infected cant swim, so they don't matter. Only trouble would be hunters/bandits.

Spoiler alert; people who haven't played game until end of Fall, do not read.

Heh. Well, Joel was intending to leave Ellie to Tommy, so he probably didn't feel like doing such this close to Tommy's home (I don't mean the power plant, they thought Tommy was somewhere else.) Although, it could've been a nice touch, but I think the ending kind of needs it that Ellie can't swim. 

I won't spoil the endin for people that couldn't read that post title, though, because I am such a nice person. They deserve to be shocked by the game. :smileywink:

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Jun 30, 2013

SPOILER ALERT: PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T FINISHED GAME DON'T READ IT.

Well, anyway now they have got a lot of time to learn swimming. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (210 Views)
0 Likes