Jun 20 2013
By: Kaze21 First Son 4 posts

Ending *spoilers*

5 replies 270 views Edited Jun 20, 2013
I just want to start off by saying that this game is amazing and is probably one of the best games I've ever played. Thanks naughty Dog!

Now on to the topic, I personally loved the ending and thought it fit perfectly with the themes in the game, but that being said, I wanted just a little more, maybe a minute or two to fully see Ellie's reaction to Joel's lie ( which I think she saw through). I just wanted to see if she would continue to follow/ live with Joel knowing full well he lied to her or if she decided that he really doesn't understand what she wanted and walked away, perhaps returning to the firefly lab and sacrificing herself. I just feel like I did not get closure with Ellie like I did with the other characters, which is driving me crazy! Perhaps they'll make an epilogue or something, but I highly doubt it.

Anyone agree or disagree? Do you think Ellie continued on with Joel? Just curious about what you guys think about the ending.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (270 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1521 posts

Re: Ending *spoilers*

Jun 20, 2013
Welcome to the forums!

He didn't lie to Ellie, in fact, he was more or less bending the truth, or, stretching the dollar! Get all the recordings in the hospital, and the university, and really listen to them. As well as the one in the university cutscene before you go to Salt Lake City. The fireflies had already found more people with the same immunity as Ellie, they tried to remove the spores before, and it just killed them. It was impossible to reverse engineer. By the way, the monkeys carried the virus, it says it in one of the recordings.
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Yeah, I agree there should a but more closure with Ellie.

I am personally hoping that the singleplayer DLC covers that, but nothing has been anounced quite yet.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (254 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1521 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Ozgood23 wrote:

Yeah, I agree there should a but more closure with Ellie.

I am personally hoping that the singleplayer DLC covers that, but nothing has been anounced quite yet.

Fingers crossed! I have faith in Naughty Dog, so far, I've been nothing but impressed.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (246 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 20, 2013
Thanks! This is game just that good and thought provoking at I had to jump on the boards haha.

I did get the recordings, but I feel Joel still took liberties with the truth ( I don't disagree with him either, given the situation, I think I would do the exact same thing Joel did).

I just wanted Ellie's reaction a little more fleshed out.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (243 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 20, 2013
ND blew me away with this game( they a lady had me at uncharted though haha). I have never been so emotionally connected to a game before! Here's hoping that the dlc with cover it!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (235 Views)
0 Likes