Jul 06 2013
By: Cleril First Son 8 posts

Enemies Pulling Random 180s - Stealth Broken

23 replies 610 views Edited Jul 6, 2013

I'm on survivor difficulty at the first clicker encounter (with the four runners or so) and no matter what I do I get the runners pulling straight 180s out of their buttocks which means I'm dead.

I've tried the flashlight on or off (though I read that no infected responds to the flashlight) and the only thing that seems to trigger it is if I happen to move the joystick anywhere past a quarter push.  This only occurs on awake runners as the sleeping ones I can (so long as I'm crouched) move the joystick fully without them being alerted.

I do not remember them being this **bleep** about my movement speed while crouched on normal difficulty nor did I ever experience them pulling 180s out of their buttocks.  Every time I messed up on normal I could clearly see where I went wrong.

On Survivor the runners are just pulling 180s and the only guess I have is that pushing just a wee bit too hard on the stick lets them hear me even when crouched.  And if I happen to be closer than 5 feet to them then no matter how slow I move they will pull a 180.

If this is a survivor difficulty only thing then honestly what the hell?  Why would you change the perfect stealth mechanics of normal mode for infected of all things?  I noticed a new patch when I tried playing today and if that has anything to do with it then you might want t consider patching it again because this is utterly broken.

Message 1 of 24 (610 Views)
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Re: Enemies Pulling Random 180s - Stealth Broken

Jul 6, 2013
I just stealthed that part on survivor. Was a pain.

You have to treat runners like clickers. Really slow your crouch down. You'll get it eventually
--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 2 of 24 (595 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Same happened to me at that part on Survivor. I think it's just a problem with the AI, because there was a point at that part where I would be behind a wall moving the camera to look around the corner at a runner and he would somehow detect me and come running. 

Message 3 of 24 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Jul 6, 2013
It happened to me too, i stealth killed one of them and for the others i just ran throwing bottles and bricks. It took about 3-4 tries but at the end i got them all.
Message 4 of 24 (573 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

I did get it but it's still pretty random when they decide to have telepathy. I'd really just prefer if they used the same stealth code as normal since nothing was wrong with it. Survivor stealth is still broken in my opinion even if this is functioning correctly. At least for infected. I have no issues with the soldier patrol before this section.

To QNT3N: The AI has to be broken. I was behind a shelf, not even moving, and the runner that stumbles into that room just randomly detects me when I did absolutely nothing.

Naughty Dog, you really gotta patch this out. This isn't more difficult and it's less engaging. It was thrilling to quickly (run/move max crouch speed) and grab someone to chokehold them.

That's impossible in survivor. That means the usability of the game is poorer for it. It took me 7 deaths to realize what MIGHT have been causing runners to do 180s. Pushing the stick more than a quarter though? Seriously? **bleep** that.

Message 5 of 24 (558 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1084 posts

Jul 6, 2013

uh, Ive beaten the campaign on Survivor and none of that happened.

Runners you can go as fast as you want while crouched and they wont hear you.

Clickers, you have to very slowly crouch walk.

Stalkers, they pretty much hear you regardless, I only could shiv kill them if I got into their walking path and just sit there and wait for them to come back. Its a little backwards that stalkers hear sounds more so than clickers, but oh well

photo c2360113-3b52-4c69-8e36-3bb37cb9501c_zps713c8462.png
Message 6 of 24 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jul 6, 2013
Your talking about the part that was in the demo right? If so, I'm stuck there too for the same reasons. The guy all the way to the right is no problem but the guy that walks I to the room alone constantly gets alerted no matter how slow I move.
Message 7 of 24 (535 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jul 6, 2013
There is nothing wrong with the code for survivor. Survivor isn't suppose to be easy. If you can't do it then go back to normal. Runners can detect noise just like clickers in survivor so when sneaking around make sure you go slowly especially when you are close to them. Also all the enemies follow a certain path so watch them for a few minutes if you have to so you can plan a attack.
Message 8 of 24 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jul 6, 2013

ExtremeMuffin wrote:
There is nothing wrong with the code for survivor. Survivor isn't suppose to be easy. If you can't do it then go back to normal. Runners can detect noise just like clickers in survivor so when sneaking around make sure you go slowly especially when you are close to them. Also all the enemies follow a certain path so watch them for a few minutes if you have to so you can plan a attack.

No, there's definitely something wrong. Sure, I get it, it's Survivor, it's not going to be easy but really? You're saying that the infected just randomly 180s is completely normal? No. The ONLY time I've had problems with infected WAS THAT ONE AREA. That area was just.. no.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 9 of 24 (512 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jul 6, 2013
I didn't have a problem at all in that area. If they are doing random 180s they probably heard you. Try making less noise
Message 10 of 24 (498 Views)
0 Likes