Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3647 posts

Re: Enemies Pulling Random 180s - Stealth Broken

Jul 6, 2013
Thank God it's not just me. All I hear here is compliments on the Survivor difficulty.
I am confused...

I'm half way in the story and its been a stressful montage of foul language on my part, BS AI "180's out their bottoms", Bill and Ellie screwing up my stealth attempts and the list goes on.
I am personally finding this to be a huge trial and BS "error" experience.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 24 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jul 6, 2013
I finally made it past that part. The problem is that the infected walk too fast to stealth kill. When I speed up my crouch walk they hear me. If I walk so they won't hear me I move too slow and can't catch them before they turn around. The infected in the next part don't act this way and the clickers are easy to sneak past. So, I don't know if its just that one part yet or the whole game but I, glad I finally got past that one part.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 24 (212 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

Glad to see I'm not the only one flabbergasted at this.  I swear, on normal I have no complaints at all about anything in the game.  Everything worked perfectly.

I beat the game on normal and looked forward to my experience with survivor fully knowing what to expect.  No listen mode, fine, it makes more sense anyway.  Less bullets?  I had too many in normal.  Different locations for things?  Sweet, sounds like you have to be better at exploring and taking notice of things.

Enemies doing 180s is not something that is acceptable under any circumstances when it comes to a stealth focused game.  The difficulty of the game is already amped up because I can't see through walls (which I have no issue with) but pushing the stick past a quarter push alerts anyone when I'm not even close enough to grab them?  That isn't difficult, it's punishing.

We're talking about me standing still behind desks and the guy who walks into the room noticing me when I was literally not touching anything on the controller.  How is this difficulty?  From what I gather this is something Naughty Dog intentionally put in the game which is appaling to me if that's true.  That's why I'm saying this needs to be patched because it's bloody insane.  Standing still, behind objects, and the runner sees me when I'm doing nothing?  That's not survivor, that's stupid.

At least people are telling me it's just that one area.  I swear this is the only time I've ever screamed at the TV because of The Last of Us.  This is pretty much the first design in the game that absolutely mindblows me.  Either way, it really needs patching.

EDIT:  To clarify, I did not have this issue with the first infected you ever see (the ones eating the body, after you have the option to shoot the guy with the broken mask) and I had no issue with the soldiers during the patrol scenario (when they get caught).

This was the first stealth section to have enemies pulling 180s should I push the stick past a quarter.  Not halfway, not 3/4 of the way, a quarter.

Again, that's stupid.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 24 (199 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Have we actually confirmed that it's just that one section of the game acting like this?

Least then I could just waste some bullets and actually stealth the whole rest of the game to save up ammo.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 24 (177 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
984 posts

Jul 11, 2013

If you are actually trying to stealth kill the clickers and what not in that room, you are doing it wrong. Only stealth kill the runners (they are all asleep except for the one eating the body). You actually dont even need to kill those, but I normally do. You can get through that room without killing a single thing. And that is what you SHOULD do, so you can save shivs and yourself some time.

photo c2360113-3b52-4c69-8e36-3bb37cb9501c_zps713c8462.png
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 24 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Jul 11, 2013
They aren't randomly 180ing. You're being heard, and I think it's quite realistic that enemies have acute hearing. Personally, I think stealth on survivor is still too easy. You can crouch walk at full speed and human enemies will be none the wiser.

To properly stealth runners on survivor you need to move incredibly slowly. If you're moving incredibly slowly they won't full blown detect you, but will do a sort of "freak out" animation in a certain direction. It is during this animation that you stealth kill them. If you miss you're chance you're best bet is to simply wait till their next pass on their patrol route.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 24 (150 Views)
Wastelander
594 posts

Jul 11, 2013
@FunnyMan, you are thinking of the wrong area, the OP means the level in the demo from GoW: Ascension and it is impossible to leave without killing everyone in that room
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 24 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2105 posts

Jul 12, 2013

iiStEaLXx wrote:
They aren't randomly 180ing. You're being heard, and I think it's quite realistic that enemies have acute hearing. Personally, I think stealth on survivor is still too easy. You can crouch walk at full speed and human enemies will be none the wiser.

To properly stealth runners on survivor you need to move incredibly slowly. If you're moving incredibly slowly they won't full blown detect you, but will do a sort of "freak out" animation in a certain direction. It is during this animation that you stealth kill them. If you miss you're chance you're best bet is to simply wait till their next pass on their patrol route.

^ truth speaker

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 24 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Jul 12, 2013

Strange. 

Spoiler
That's never happened to me. The only problems I've had in the game is when you're in the sewers with Henry, Sam and Ellie. Only Joel's and Henry's flashlights seem to work. You can see Ellie holding her arm up but there's no flashight in her hand at all. It's weird and kind of bugs me. 

After the sniper part when it goes to the cutscene when you're with Henry, Sam and Ellie in the one place and you're talking about a motorcycle and stuff, it starts like.. lagging and the screen goes black. So I had to look that cutscene up on YouTube to see what happened. Kinda sucked. 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 24 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

ot Re: Enemies Pulling Random 180s - Stealth Broken

Jul 12, 2013

I got that while sneaking up on human enemies. Sneaking up on them and then I got shot before their heads even turned. Pretty dumb. AI in this game definately needs work.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VBc8MeR.jpg?1[/IMG]
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 24 (83 Views)
0 Likes