Jun 17 2013
By: ryanrockstar301 Splicer 76 posts

Enemy AI

63 replies 1147 views Edited Jun 17, 2013

I just had an encounter with some hunters in the hotel area and had them respond to the sound of my empty clip and had a guy beg for his life after I hit him in the back of the head with a brick. To the people saying the enemy AI doesn't respond like it does in the demos they showed off... what game are you playing? It most certainly is not this work of art! =P
Alas, nothing can be said for how incompetent the friendly AI can be at times. That being said however, I realize how game breaking it would be to make it so enemies saw friendlies every time they moved out of cover since the difficulty would spike tremendously. Bill was very helpful in most infected attacks though and I was happy with him.
Sorry for the rambling.

Message 1 of 64 (1,147 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Re: Enemy AI

Jun 17, 2013

Here here! agree 100 %   Best Game Evarr!!!!

Message 2 of 64 (1,144 Views)
Sackboy
570 posts

Jun 17, 2013

It isn't as good as the E3 demo, it's better than most games though. Why is it almost all my enemies charge at me. At the E3 demo they ran, they hid in a corner and ambushed you, and when you held one of them as a shield they didn't say drop him and start shooting at you.... That final part with the shotgun didn't happen ever either. I can't disarm anyone, I've never had the camera pull in and turn when that other guy comes at you with the 2x4 either.

Message 3 of 64 (1,137 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 64 (1,110 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Jun 18, 2013

I actually did that part with the shotgun and it was awesome. They usually rush you cause your probably killing them with bricks and little weapons, when u use your shotgun they get scared and start hiding.

Message 5 of 64 (1,091 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

No, I use a shotgun, and my hunting rifle mostly. It usually goes like this. Flank this guy. Guy runs around cover and hits me with melee weapon, other guy shoots me.

Message 6 of 64 (1,056 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Jun 18, 2013
So their strategy works? Sounds like a pretty smart plan, and if they are hitting you then they must be smart enough to make that decision to tag team like that right?
Ellie photo Ellie_zps812f6c9e.jpg
Message 7 of 64 (1,047 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jun 18, 2013

I agree pretty good AI. The only thing that is off is when your friendlys walk in front of them. The AI cant see them also ive been in some scary situations when im in a room full of clickers trying not to make sound and ellie henry and sam are running around knocking over trashcans and stuff im like **bleep** your gonna get me caught, but i guess its a good thing AI dosent pick that up. other wise 100% greatness

Message 8 of 64 (1,032 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

A lot of the punches and hit don't feel as har either. Skip to 10 minutes in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qguDnY0C_Sg

When he hit's that guy with a brick he falls down and you can just feel it, in the game now it just feels kind of soft. Also, how about that hand grab right after that and slamming Joel's head into the desk? I haven't seen that yet. I've also never heard a conversation like that when you hold one hostage, he screamed to the other guy shoot him, and the other said hold him still. Nope, haven't seen that. I'd like to. I also have never had someone hide and run away from me. 

Also, on the other E3 demo, I noticed when one of the hunters was shot once, it didn't kill him, but he completely fell down, that never happens here I don't think, they either stumble, or die.

Message 9 of 64 (999 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jun 18, 2013

My only gripe about this game is the friendly ai stealth.  They sprint, talk ,  and sometimes walk right in front of people without getting caught.... kind ruins the whole mood of the game for me. 

Message 10 of 64 (971 Views)
0 Likes