Sackboy
562 posts

He just did knock someone out with his shotgun...Did you...

Jun 22, 2013

He just did knock someone out with his shotgun...Did you see the video? Not sure if you can grab it though.

Message 41 of 64 (237 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1211 posts

Re: He just did knock someone out with his shotgun...Did you...

Jun 22, 2013

I'm of the opinion that the AI is decent. Its not the best of all time, not the worst, but decent.

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 42 of 64 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: Enemy AI

Jun 23, 2013

studio35 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

JOSH55886 wrote:

I was hoping I wasn't the only one where enemies rushed me when I had a gun pointed at them. It also seems like everytime I grab one the others notice, but when I point a gun to them they don't always react, sometimes they take cover and cuss when I do, and sometimes they continue moving forward like nothing is happening. 

It's disappointing because ND advertised this AI as amazingly life-like before launch, and I was going to buy the game based off that (wound up recieving it as a gift) and when I played through it I was very disappointed it reacted so poorly at times.

ND said they had to dumb down the human AI because it was too difficult

Link?

If true, that sucks because it wasn't even hard. All you have to do is figure out the AIs route to take it down.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 43 of 64 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 23, 2013

rickyEfs_97 wrote:

Perhaps it would be a good idea to put an option, in a future patch, to have the enemy AI detect the friendly AI, so we can all be happy.

Nope. They would also need to fix the friendly AI from being so stupid. They need to get the friendly AI to hide properly before letting the enemy AI be alerted by their presence, while your still being stealthy, because they can obviously see each other when they are not being stealthy.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 44 of 64 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
349 posts

Jun 23, 2013

I did my first playthrough on hard, and the enemy AI was pretty much nothing like the E3 demo for me.  The most impressive things the human enemies would do is flank me and grab me from behind. I never had an enemy hide in a room and wait for me to walk in so he could attack me.  I was never able to disarm anyone.  I never had someone beg for their life.  I never had an enemy run from me, craft a molotov, and then come back to throw it at me like in the extended E3 demo.  I've seen Aldro's video, so I know the "beg for your life" sequence is possible, but it seems difficult to trigger.  Sadly, from what I've played and seen, the AI is like most other games.  The enemies have their 'patrol routes' - they walk the same path over and over again without purpose until you make your presence known.  They don't search for stuff in drawers like they did in the E3 demo.  I've just started my Survivor playthrough, and when I get to the E3 demo section, I'll keep playing it over again to see if I can maybe replicate some of the things that happened in the demo. 

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 45 of 64 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2608 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Making them beg for their life isn't that hard. Just hit L1 instead of Square or Triangle when you knock them down after a melee attack.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 46 of 64 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
562 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2013

I get them to beg all the time, I've had quie a few people hide fom me and attack me from a corner, I've had moltov guys, everyone does, and I even had a guy yell to me, he said hey, let's just quit this, I give up.

Message 47 of 64 (188 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jun 23, 2013
Its impossible to please some people' even with an amazing game like this. Smh.
Message 48 of 64 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 23, 2013

thats true, everyone is nit picking at this point

Message 49 of 64 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
349 posts

Jun 23, 2013

mujahein66 wrote:
Its impossible to please some people' even with an amazing game like this. Smh.

We are pleased with the game.  It's just that the E3 demo showed AI like no one has ever seen.  ND said that demo wasn't scripted at all.  It could have been scripted, or it may be real but they just removed some of the features (such as disarming enemies and enemies hiding and ambushing you), or a combination of both.  ND really built up the hype about the "balance of power AI", but it turned out the AI wasn't really like what they showed at all.  At times, the AI was better than a lot of games out there, but they promised one thing and then gave us a much lower quality version.  Still one hell of a game though.  

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 50 of 64 (158 Views)