Jun 23 2013
By: FreshRevenge Treasure Hunter 4797 posts

Enemy spawning in places you just searched? (spoilers)

[ Edited ]
7 replies 767 views Edited Jun 23, 2013

The one thing that I hate or I am annoyed about this game. I was in this one area and I took out every enemy in the area. But when I took out the last guy with a brick, it seemed to spawn 3 more baddies to pop up in the area. Where the heck did they come from? The area that I am referring to is the area where you just enter a quarantine zone after arriving in Pittsburg. You just escaped the surprise attack. There is three guys out side  and there is a building that has two floors. After carefully taking down every enemy. I know even from smashing the guy with a brick that no one else would be in the area to hear it. **bleep** is this crap? Each one of them popped out behind a table that I just walked by before. Why do developers do this kinda of thing. People don't just pop into existence in real life so I don't understand why they do it in this game?

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 1 of 8 (767 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

Re: Enemy spawning in places you just searched? (spoilers)

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2013

Oddly enough, strangling some one makes the same amount of noise that hitting someone one with a brick does?

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 2 of 8 (755 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Your obsession about body odor might be the answer. Joel just reeks of body odor that enemies smell it from a mile away. They just can't help but spawn everywhere and take out that smelly dude.

"If your choice is to save me over everybody else in the world then...ok. I trust you now and let’s live life.." ~TheVulcanSalute
Message 3 of 8 (752 Views)
First Son
29 posts

Jun 23, 2013

I believe those extra bad guys are backup that was called for most likely after one of them found a dead body?  I noticed that they will react the same way after finding a dead body as they do if they see you kill someone.  The sound of gun fire might do it as well cause I had 3-4 extra guys to deal with after entering David's town with Joel which were not there after I had to reload and sucessfully sneak killed my way through.

Message 4 of 8 (690 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

Jun 23, 2013
Oh my, yellow text on mobile is not fun, mind changing it to black OP?

Message 5 of 8 (678 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 24, 2014
I know this thread's a few months old but as I stumbled over the exact same problem it's probably worth the time to give at least one useful answer here.

I've already finished TLOU on normal and hard and making a hard+ run now - So I know this problem didn't appear before. Exactly the same area you describe, I take everybody out, return to the building and suddenly a bunch of enemies reappear - Not the same ones like before cause they just stand there nervously staring into one direction as if they've been alerted and the best part: There are four enemies breathing heavily always standing in pair next to each other but listen mode only recognizes one of either paor (but still, unfortunately those listen mode ghosts can attack too).

But that even doesn't matter, because they respawn like crazy - In this playthrough - with this bug/glitch - I had absolutely no choice than to leave one hunter (the one farthest away) otherwise there wouldn't have be any any chance to make it through this area ... Even with the most and best of ammo and supplies, infinitely respawning enemies will finally kill you.

Like mentioned, the first two times I played through the game this area was empty after having stealth-killed every marauder, but this time - my first game plus playthrough - they endlessly drop out of the sky (and that even in alerted state) .

Not really game-breaking but still annoying and also robs you of at least one optional conversation (Ellies in sneak mode cause of the remaining enemy till you exit the building, so no blahblah)
Message 6 of 8 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11451 posts

Jan 24, 2014
THE YELLOW!

IT BURNS!

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 7 of 8 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Jan 24, 2014
My retinas are next to useless now! Thanks OP! Waiting for a pay check...
Message 8 of 8 (493 Views)
0 Likes