Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 09 2013
By: MaidenVelka Hekseville Citizen 339 posts

Extremely Glitchy - This stuff normal?

8 replies 290 views Edited Jul 9, 2013

In two different sections, nearly in a row, I had two sections of the game behave far more glitchy on my Survivor run than they did on my Normal run.

First, when you get separated from Ellie in the hotel, and are in the basement where you need to find the keycard and then start up the generator: The Runners were going ape crap at random, appearing and dashing this way and that before I even grabbed the card or touched the generator.  Then, to make it worse, my save was after they had detected me and I would die within seconds.  If I restarted the checkpoint my health was cut and I would randomly have the card, randomly have the generator started, sometimes both, or sometimes neither.  It was frickin' crazy and I eventually got through it because the Bloater would not always spawn lol.

Then, a short while later, after you have Ellie shooting the rifle, the entire section reset on me.  I stealthed around killing all the Hunters, Ellie never having to fire a shot.  I killed the last guy (knowing he was the last because Joel stomped him instead of choking him out), and then nothing... at first.  The game didn't go on, and Ellie did not come down.  A minute later I was suddenly in threat of being seen, and Hunters were appearing out of nowhere.  They saw me and are searching around, but now it is as if Ellie does not even exist, because she is not firing a shot at all.  I am currently playing this portion but feel unlikely to win, as I just lost twenty five minutes to an insane glitch.

Message 1 of 9 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Re: Extremely Glitchy - This stuff normal?

Jul 9, 2013

So I fought the same guys a bunch of times in that sections, thankfully able to stealth kill all but one of them.  It was so many that the corpses I made were disappearing instantly, not even a body on the ground for a moment after the choke was done.  My first run had glitches, but not this kind that ruined the experience.  This is making me sad and angry.  It almost seems as if the game insists upon me losing health, as I did end up with next to nothing in terms of it after FINALLY calling Ellie down, and used a healthpack.

Btw, Ellie still never fired off a shot, despite how many bad guys spawned in an alert state.  I'm trying really hard not to let this ruin my enjoyment, and make me quit.

Message 2 of 9 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Jul 9, 2013

MaidenVelka wrote:

In two different sections, nearly in a row, I had two sections of the game behave far more glitchy on my Survivor run than they did on my Normal run.

First, when you get separated from Ellie in the hotel, and are in the basement where you need to find the keycard and then start up the generator: The Runners were going ape crap at random, appearing and dashing this way and that before I even grabbed the card or touched the generator.  Then, to make it worse, my save was after they had detected me and I would die within seconds.  If I restarted the checkpoint my health was cut and I would randomly have the card, randomly have the generator started, sometimes both, or sometimes neither.  It was frickin' crazy and I eventually got through it because the Bloater would not always spawn lol.

Then, a short while later, after you have Ellie shooting the rifle, the entire section reset on me.  I stealthed around killing all the Hunters, Ellie never having to fire a shot.  I killed the last guy (knowing he was the last because Joel stomped him instead of choking him out), and then nothing... at first.  The game didn't go on, and Ellie did not come down.  A minute later I was suddenly in threat of being seen, and Hunters were appearing out of nowhere.  They saw me and are searching around, but now it is as if Ellie does not even exist, because she is not firing a shot at all.  I am currently playing this portion but feel unlikely to win, as I just lost twenty five minutes to an insane glitch.

The first part, those are stalkers and run and hide on you. You have to go close to them for them to attack.

The second part, there's waves of hunters that you have to fight. It took me 20 or so minutes on Normal to beat it. Sit back, relax, and take aim, or move real slow, cause there's a lot.

Message 3 of 9 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Jul 9, 2013

This was not my experience during my first, Normal run

1. They didn't run around at all, and weren't even there until I picked up the keycard.  When I did, they appeared but moved slowly.  When I turned on the generator, that's when they went crazy.  Didn't have them behave like "Stalkers" until this game.

2. I didn't experience waves at all my first game, just one round of five through eight guys (I don't remember the exact number).  When they were easily, and quickly dead, with Ellie helping, it was over.  I also have to reiterate that the Hunters were spawning in a hallway I had just cleared, walking as if they had moved in through the 'exterior' wall.

Message 4 of 9 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Jul 9, 2013

MaidenVelka wrote:

This was not my experience during my first, Normal run

1. They didn't run around at all, and weren't even there until I picked up the keycard.  When I did, they appeared but moved slowly.  When I turned on the generator, that's when they went crazy.  Didn't have them behave like "Stalkers" until this game.

2. I didn't experience waves at all my first game, just one round of five through eight guys (I don't remember the exact number).  When they were easily, and quickly dead, with Ellie helping, it was over.  I also have to reiterate that the Hunters were spawning in a hallway I had just cleared, walking as if they had moved in through the 'exterior' wall.

Suck it up. That's what happens with the stalkers. Higher difficulties yield different/more enemy configurations. Same for the hunters.

Message 5 of 9 (222 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4219 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Extremely Glitchy - This stuff normal?

Short and simple: Yes, TLoU is a glitchy game. Still a great game / experience, but nowhere near "perfect." (is any game?)

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 6 of 9 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Jul 10, 2013

I managed to glitch into the Regal Apartments stash house where you normally have to use a shiv to get in... I had to use a shiv to GET OUT lol. Good job I had enough parts to make a shiv. If not I was have been REALLY peeved.

Message 7 of 9 (191 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 10, 2013

I m stuck on Science building and game progress shows 75% complete.

Problem that i am facing is when joel got injured and trying to get out of the science building. Game freezes just when he rolled out of the main entrance . Everything goes out of control characters are flying and then black screen.

I have no idea what to do. I tried to restart the encounter but it didnt work freeze again and again.

one morething, after black screen i pressed the start button and menu showing the cutscene option skip movie, subtitles etc

i tried to skip the movie then it just hang. Even PS button didnt work and have no option to manual restart my console.

Any suggestion.

Message 8 of 9 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Jul 10, 2013

My first playthrough I had a glitch as Ellie similar enough to this.  The game had become unplayable.  I eventually deleted the release patch (1.01) and got through the rest of the game.  Perhaps try that, deleting the patches?  Don't know if removing 1.02 will have an effect on the save files or not.

Message 9 of 9 (137 Views)
0 Likes