Jun 17 2013
By: EyeCue86 Fender Bender 3354 posts

EyeCue86 Reviews The Last of Us™(New Review+)

[ Edited ]
11 replies 276 views Edited Jun 17, 2013

Turns out fate, decided I needed to play this game since I wound up getting it as a gift. Kinda **bleep** me off to be honest, since now I'll actually wind up getting the Story DLC since I didn't spend a dime on the disc, and ND will see support for their dirty deeds.

Anyways, the story is a pretty good.

Gameplay is pretty good too. 

The AI was incredibly annoying though. It was very inconsistent. Friendly AI was invisible to Enemy AI and the Enemy AI verged from dumb to good.

I played this on hard with all the easy stuff turned off by the way. It felt like I was playing on normal. Found way too many supplies and I had a surplus toward the end of the game. Not hard by any means. 

I've got more incoming so I'll update once my laptop is fully charged.

Okay I'm back. First off F you to the guy who wants my thread merged, obviously he doesn't know who I am.

I found the game to be pretty good, overall, but I felt the game sped past the Fall, Winter, and Spring. I would have liked more to do in here. Mostly after Joel finally accepts that he cares for Ellie and isn't just another job. I feel that if ND might have cut content from the game for the Story DLC, it would have been from around here. 

I've got so more thoughts incoming soon™...

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (276 Views)
Wastelander
670 posts

Re: EyeCue86 Reviews The Last of Us™

Jun 17, 2013

You're a little late on your review. Others have posted tha same thing, about the AI too. Could we merge this thread?

Thanks mods. =D

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4808 posts

Jun 17, 2013
Holy **bleep**. Someone just make a thread dedicated to talking about the AI.

Good to see EyeCue again though.
 photo nikemurphdawg_zps66fe1e36.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2309 posts

Jun 17, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Turns out fate, decided I needed to play this game since I wound up getting it as a gift. Kinda **bleep** me off to be honest, since now I'll actually wind up getting the Story DLC since I didn't spend a dime on the disc, and ND will see support for their dirty deeds.

The AI was incredibly annoying though. It was very inconsistent. Friendly AI was invisible to Enemy AI and the Enemy AI verged from dumb to good.

I played this on hard with all the easy stuff turned off by the way. It felt like I was playing on normal. Found way too many supplies and I had a surplus toward the end of the game. Not hard by any means. 

So in summary are you giving it a good out of pretty good? :smileyhappy:

I'd like to hear your thoughts on survival mode.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 17, 2013
^I haven't unlocked Survival. Was it supposed to unlock after my first Hard play through? If it was I wasn't gonna get to it until I cleared Hard-- New Game+ anyway.

I updated my OP BTW.

I'll update with more soon. Probably some Multiplayer stuff, since I haven't played it yet.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 17, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
Holy **bleep**. Someone just make a thread dedicated to talking about the AI.

Good to see EyeCue again though.

It's a flaw with the game. Stealth is a big part of the game. It breaks the immersion ND tried to create when Tess is right in front of a bad guy and the bad guy, and the bad guy fails to notice. Or when Tess decides to hide in front of a bad guy hoping her breasts will act as a shield or some **bleep**.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: EyeCue86 Reviews The Last of Us™(New Review+)

Jun 17, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Okay I'm back. First off F you to the guy who wants my thread merged, obviously he doesn't know who I am.

I found the game to be pretty good, overall, but I felt the game sped past the Fall, Winter, and Spring. I would have liked more to do in here. Mostly after Joel finally accepts that he cares for Ellie and isn't just another job. I feel that if ND might have cut content from the game for the Story DLC, it would have been from around here. 

At one point after Ellie stabbed the **bleep** outta that pervs head, the audio cut out and I couldn't hear what Joel was saying to Ellie and vice versa. That was the only major bug I ran into.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (178 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
800 posts

Jun 17, 2013
"First off F you to the guy who wants my thread merged, obviously he doesn't know who I am" You made a few good threads in the Uncharted forums, don't get cocky eye.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (174 Views)
Wastelander
670 posts

Jun 17, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

At one point after Ellie stabbed the **bleep** outta that pervs head, the audio cut out and I couldn't hear what Joel was saying to Ellie and vice versa. That was the only major bug I ran into.

NO.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 17, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

NO.

You're not doing that correctly, and the way I see it, you never will.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (118 Views)
0 Likes