Jun 24 2013
By: Karl_Hates_GT5 Monster Hunter 33 posts

Fake game play footage from E3 2012 and **bleep**ed up business practices.

28 replies 597 views Edited Jun 24, 2013

I remember seeing the game play footage from E3 2012, and thinking. Wow, that is really amazing. In fact, it seems slightly un real. And, ofcourse, it was too good too be true. The gameplay footage that was shown at E3 2012, was, in my mind, made for the sake of being a gameplay demo. It reminds me of Aliens Colonal Marians, but of course not as bad. I think it is absolutely disgusting that even my most favourite and trusted game companies are doing this days, just for the sake of some game play footage. If a game company becomes popular, it gets **bleep**ed up. As soon as Uncharted 2 was such a great success, Naughty Dog decided to put online passes in their games, because they thought they could get away with it, and ofcourse they did. It is disgusting. And they back it up with the fact that they need more money to run the servers, when Uncharted 2 and 3 sold 4 million copies each, they had that massive advertisement program with Subway, and they implemented microtransactions into the multiplayer. 
If you watch the actual gameplay footage from E3 2012, you will notice lots of differences, and things that we missed out on in the real game. The ambient sounds in the background have been dumbed down, the environment isn't as good (when you are walking on the stairs, it showed that they were breaking, and when you walked outside, birds flew away), the enemy don't speak as much, if you run out of ammo they don't say what they said, the environment isn't as interactive in battle, the combat system is a lot less dumbed down, and the enemies can't disarm you. A lot of things show cased in that demo that was not in the actual game. 
I think the only game companies that can truely relied on for anything these days, are indie developers. My once favoured Insomniac Game and Naughty Dog have shown that what they once were, isn't what they are today. That doesn't mean I don't like there games. I **bleep** loved the **bleep** out of this game and will play it in the years to come. I own every single Naughty Dog game, and will praise them. But I will not support Naughty Dog in the future the way I wish I could. I wish I could preorder a game without feeling like I am being lied to, or buy a preowned game without having to buy a code for online. I just wish Naughty would go back to what it was, and be truthful to it's fans. 
The one thing that I know Naughty Dog did do right, was fight to put Ellie on the box artwork. The management team were telling them to only put Joel on the box art, but Naughty Dog fought to their back teeth to put het on there, because she was as vital to the storyline as Joel. 
Overall, I like Naughty Dog. I like their games, the same way I like EA's games. I like them games, I will buy them, but I don't support there business models, and will continue to voice my opinion about it.

Message 1 of 29 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: Fake game play footage from E3 2012 and **bleep**ed up business practices.

Jun 24, 2013

**bleep** posted this one by accident and I have no idea how delete it.
If someone knows how, tell me.

Message 2 of 29 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jun 24, 2013
I won't lie, the E3 demo is pretty different. I figured the portion where you fight the guy that screams, "He's in here!", was scripted, but it didn't even appear in the game. A lot of it didn't appear in the game, but it didn't stop the game from being amazing. I do wish they would've used the soundtrack more.
Message 3 of 29 (579 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

Jun 24, 2013

You should play the game more before saying these things. At least get to the part where the E3 demo takes place...

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 4 of 29 (572 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jun 24, 2013
How do you post 5 paragraphs by accident. lol.
Message 5 of 29 (564 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jun 24, 2013

fadi002 wrote:

You should play the game more before saying these things. At least get to the part where the E3 demo takes place...

Are you serious? Are you seriously asking me this? I have been playing this game ever since it came out. I have finished it twice, and am on my third time through now, and I am also rank 42 online. I love the **bleep** out of this game, so I think I deserve the right to criticise it.

Message 6 of 29 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jun 24, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:
How do you post 5 paragraphs by accident. lol.

There are two of these exact same things posted on the forum. One of them is slightly modified, and this one was accidently uploaded.

Message 7 of 29 (556 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jun 24, 2013
You don't deserve anything you whiny brat. You have contributed nothing to the gaming industry and you are complaining about one of the best devs ever.
Message 8 of 29 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jun 24, 2013

mujahein66 wrote:
You don't deserve anything you whiny brat. You have contributed nothing to the gaming industry and you are complaining about one of the best devs ever.

I don't deserve anything for preording there games and putting my faith in the developer several times, for buying all there games new around the release date. Giving them, my hard earned money. So what then, game reviewers haven't earned "the right" to criticise either, because it is one of the best developers out there. Get over yourself.
And this is besides the fact that I have the right to criticise, even if I haven't bought the game. If I just watched some footage, or played it at a friends, I have every right to judge and criticise that game from what I see.
I bet you if I was judging it, but giving it good criticism you wouldn't be complaining. I bet you if I was praising the game and saying it was great you wouldn't be complaining at all, even though it is the same principle, it's just when I give it bad judgement, you don't like it. 

Message 9 of 29 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Its not a fake gameplay footage, when the E3 demo was developed the game was still in development stage and it was not the final product.
TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 10 of 29 (519 Views)
0 Likes