Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: Fake game play footage from E3 2012 and **bleep**ed up business practices.

Jun 24, 2013

I seriously doubt that. Why would they put in extra effort into those things, and then just downright ditch them? The awesome combat, the more detailed and nicer environment, and the chat that goes on between the NPC's. 
I have seen this happen before. The most notorious was Aliens Colonal Marians. The "game play footage" was made simply for the fact of being promotional to the game. It was nothing less than a CGI with a hud put over the top. And I think The Last Of Us did the same thing, it's just because The Last Of Us is getting such positive reviews, this problem has slipped under the radar.

Message 11 of 29 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Watching it now. This game completely in the dark until I saw its trailers on TV, so I wouldn't know.
4. Mass Effect 2
Message 12 of 29 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jun 24, 2013
I wouldn't mind if you criticized intelligently and not like a emasculated whiny man. Also, people like you who run around bragging about how they have the right to this and that usually get their teeth kicked in when there is no police or hipsters with cameras to save you, so please just shut up about your so called rights.
Message 13 of 29 (203 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jun 24, 2013
What specifically of that footage is "fake"? Because it seems to me that everything which occurs is there in-game, from hunters calling out to each other when they discover you to Ellie throwing bricks and attacking enemies with her knife to distract them to enemies which you knock down begging for their lives if you point your weapon at them.
Message 14 of 29 (201 Views)
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jun 24, 2013

mujahein66 wrote:
I wouldn't mind if you criticized intelligently and not like a emasculated whiny man. Also, people like you who run around bragging about how they have the right to this and that usually get their teeth kicked in when there is no police or hipsters with cameras to save you, so please just shut up about your so called rights.

So what if I might not of worded my criticism up to your high standards mate. I couldn't give a **bleep** if you think it isn't intelligent. 
And you then go on to attack me, and say that I would get my teeth kicked in.. **bleep** off. 

I am open to criticism, and I want to have debates, but when you down right attack me and say that I would usually get my teeth kicked in, I am not going to be "intelligent". 
And, lastly, NO! I will not shut up about my rights. I have them for a reason.

Message 15 of 29 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jun 24, 2013

XBL_Keiichi81 wrote:
What specifically of that footage is "fake"? Because it seems to me that everything which occurs is there in-game, from hunters calling out to each other when they discover you to Ellie throwing bricks and attacking enemies with her knife to distract them to enemies which you knock down begging for their lives if you point your weapon at them.

The animations are no where near as smooth, there are just less of the animations over all, when he is walking up the stairs, the stairs start crumbling underneath his feet when he walks, and when he walks outside birds all fly off. The NPC's dialogue isn't as diverse and the enemies don't disarm, as well as there being a dumbed down combat system than what was showed.

Message 16 of 29 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Jun 24, 2013
So...you're the rank 42 we were talking about in another thread.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 17 of 29 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jun 24, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
So...you're the rank 42 we were talking about in another thread.

Really? Well, do you want to tell me what you were talking about, or give me the link to the thread?

Message 18 of 29 (177 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

It wasn't fake it was real. They just couldn't reach that level with the final product. And by the way they just took out three or four features and that was it. Some of them actually made sense.

Message 19 of 29 (174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Keep talking pal. And judging by your response you need a reality check. And your rights are just things you carry around like a shield to protect yourself. All you western Europeans just talk but can't do nothing when your rights aren't glorified and worshiped. Bunch of spoiled kids.
Message 20 of 29 (169 Views)
0 Likes