Jun 24 2013
By: mochuuu SCEA 1487 posts

Fan Made "The Last of Us" Short Film

OFFICIAL POST
14 replies 973 views Edited Jun 24, 2013

Saw this fan made film based off of The Last of Us's post-apocalyptic setting. Pretty well done and shout out to Hit Point Company for their work! 

If you want to chat more on The Last of Us, you can visit the dedicate PlayStation Forums section right here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-General/bd-p/24815, but thought I'd share this with the wider community. 

Some info from them from on the film: 

A fan made short film for the PS3 video game The Last of Us. 
Furthest Reaches follows other survivors in the same universe as the game in an original story.

Check out Aubriana Zurilgen's (the artist who created the Clicker prosthetic) 
The Mad Masker Page on Facebook for some behind the scenes progress pics! www.facebook.com/TheMadMasker

You can follow them on Twitter at https://twitter.com/hitpointcompany, or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/HitPointCompany

Great job to those guys! 

You can watch on youtube.com as well, right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YE9x-ykcK0&feature=youtu.be

- morgan haro - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 1 of 15 (973 Views)
Wastelander
671 posts

Re: Fan Made "The Last of Us" Short Film

Jun 24, 2013

Not gonna lie, it's a big turn off. It feels very amateur-ish. Not sure if they were going for that, or what, but, whatever. not my cup of tea. At least they did what they wanted, and I assume they had a blast making it, and that's all that matters.

Message 2 of 15 (940 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Very well done!

Message 3 of 15 (924 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Jun 24, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

Not gonna lie, it's a big turn off. It feels very amateur-ish. Not sure if they were going for that, or what, but, whatever. not my cup of tea. At least they did what they wanted, and I assume they had a blast making it, and that's all that matters.

Uh, This was a fan made video. They are amature film makers... and for a fan made amature film it was pretty good.

Message 4 of 15 (911 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
33 posts

Jun 24, 2013

very great Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 15 (795 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Reminds me more of The Walking Dead than The Last Of Us, no offense to the creators.... good to see them give it a shot and have some fun though.

Message 6 of 15 (789 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 24, 2013
I will say I think whoever did the makeup did an awesome job. The clicker mask was pretty good looking the backside of it could have used some better integration but all in all it did a good job.

It would be interesting to see a challenge on the show Face Off regarding the infected. It would be cool to see high end professional level makeup done for some of the different infected.
Message 7 of 15 (769 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jun 24, 2013

kurasuru wrote:
I will say I think whoever did the makeup did an awesome job. The clicker mask was pretty good looking the backside of it could have used some better integration but all in all it did a good job.

It would be interesting to see a challenge on the show Face Off regarding the infected. It would be cool to see high end professional level makeup done for some of the different infected.

Ooooooooh yes. That clicker's makeup was the highlight of it for me. It was amazing! It'd be awesome to see Face Off do it. Didn't they do Defiance? Last of Us pleeeeeeeease.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 8 of 15 (764 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Jun 24, 2013

WoolySpud wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

Uh, This was a fan made video. They are amature film makers... and for a fan made amature film it was pretty good.

Uh, no **bleep**. It just could have been better. Did they even hear that camera's have tripods now? Not everything had to be shot from the hip. Also, some of the acting just seems off.

"I knew it was a mistake to come here" sniffles

Cliche and over done. BTW, not everyone is Joel and Ellie.

Like I said, not my cup of tea. Quite frankly, I hate all fan made videos. They just can't do it right. Like I said, congrats on these guys for doing something they love and enjoy, it's just not for me.

Message 9 of 15 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11242 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Loved it and i love when people to do that, it's rare, but it's worth doing if you have the resources. <3

Message 10 of 15 (701 Views)
0 Likes