Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Re: Favorite Cinematic

Jun 21, 2013

TJByrum wrote:
Yeah that whole "You're right, you ain't my daughter. And I sure ain't your father neither." or something. That was harsh.

And you really could tell how much Joel and Ellie cared for each other at the death of David part.

It was a self defense mechanism of Joel's, Ellie's words got to him so he tried to insult her this way, it was already too late tho, she became important to him, which he showed few moments later =)

As for my likes, it's hard to pick one, both Troy and Ashley did a marvelous job in every cinematic, the touching final scene with David, the conversation on the ranch, the car trip, heck I even loved the optional conversations, with one of the best ones for me being the one when Joel encourage Ellie (FINALLY Smiley Tongue) before they pushed the car out of the garage with Bill. She wanted to show him so badly that she can be useful, so awesome Smiley Very Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 24 (150 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 21, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

its not really a cinematic, but the entire giraffe scene was incredible.

despite all the horrors they have gone through and seen, there is still beauty and peace in the world.

I agree, that part with the girrafe almost made me tear up, it is so beautiful in a way that Ellie and Joel sees the beauty in the **bleep** and ratched world. 

Also the part where Joel pet the girrafe and encourage Ellie to not be nervous to pet the girrafe is like a father bringing his daughter to the zoo for the first time which made me so awwww Cat LOL

Message 22 of 24 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

hippies123 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

its not really a cinematic, but the entire giraffe scene was incredible.

despite all the horrors they have gone through and seen, there is still beauty and peace in the world.

I agree, that part with the girrafe almost made me tear up, it is so beautiful in a way that Ellie and Joel sees the beauty in the **bleep** and ratched world. 

Also the part where Joel pet the girrafe and encourage Ellie to not be nervous to pet the girrafe is like a father bringing his daughter to the zoo for the first time which made me so awwww Cat LOL

The conversations they had directly after this part, also made me tear up...

When Joel and Ellie finally talk about Sarah for instance... or when Joel says "Well I ain't leaving without ya.."

That whole section was amazing, I wanted them to talk more and I felt so bad for Ellie when she would just sit and hardly talk. I wanted so bad to have a hug option lol.

Message 23 of 24 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Jun 22, 2013

When Marlene begs for her life and Joel just says hell no and plugs her in the head. After all he went through nearly losing his life to keep that girl safe, they try to kill her without even discussing it or letting them say their goodbyes. 

Message 24 of 24 (114 Views)
0 Likes