Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Re: Firefly Contest Winners

Apr 30, 2013

It wont be till may 3rd or 4th. Can't recall the date listed in the rules.

photo TLOU1_zpsd19d635d.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 28 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Apr 30, 2013

This is what the rules say:

"Winners will be announced May 3, 2013. Potential winning entrants will be contacted via email. If a potential winning entrant is determined by Sponsor to be unqualified to participate in this Promotion or does not respond to Sponsor’s correspondence within 72 hours, the potential winning entrant will be disqualified and a new potential winning entrant will be selected by random drawing."

So in the rules it says that the potential winners would receive an email but on Thursday on Twitter ND said to check the PSN inbox and then on Facebook that night they said the winners would get a message on the forums here... but it seems that still no one has received anything yet... maybe they decided not to contact the winners and maybe they'll just announce the winners on May 3rd then?

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 28 (160 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Well hm, yes, hm, think for a moment.

May 3rd is the official announcement of the winners, yes?

BUT, they need to email potential winners to make sure they can provide proof of their names, U.S. residence, all that fun legal stuff, yes.

So we will have to know before May 3rd if we are a potential winner, in case we can't prove U.S. residence or provide proof of what our name is, once again, all that good legal stuff.

If we receive said email, we have 72 hours according to the rules to respond, so 3 days.

It would make sense for them to take as much time as possible to decide on the winner.  At least I would hope so.

BUT, they need to have that three days prior to May 3rd to send out the emails.

So giving themselves as much time as possible but also allowing three days to receive emails from potential winners, would mean that we'd have to know by tomorrow, giving us Tuesday to Wednesday (One day), Wednesday to Thursday (One day), and Thursday to Friday (One day), for a total of three days.

So I think it'd be safe to say that we'd know by tomorrow (Tuesday April 30th).  But that's just a guess.

(If they don't send emails and only do private messages here on the forum, then my thought process remains the same).

www.youtube.com/kazrisk
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 28 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Apr 30, 2013
That makes sense. Unless they just decided not to go by those rules and aren't going to ask for proof and just go by the names on the winners' accounts.
Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 28 (145 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Naughty Dog not following the rules? Naughty naughty! See what I did there? :smileytongue:

www.youtube.com/kazrisk
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 28 (143 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
826 posts

Apr 30, 2013

kaz_risk wrote:

Well hm, yes, hm, think for a moment.

May 3rd is the official announcement of the winners, yes?

BUT, they need to email potential winners to make sure they can provide proof of their names, U.S. residence, all that fun legal stuff, yes.

So we will have to know before May 3rd if we are a potential winner, in case we can't prove U.S. residence or provide proof of what our name is, once again, all that good legal stuff.

If we receive said email, we have 72 hours according to the rules to respond, so 3 days.

It would make sense for them to take as much time as possible to decide on the winner.  At least I would hope so.

BUT, they need to have that three days prior to May 3rd to send out the emails.

So giving themselves as much time as possible but also allowing three days to receive emails from potential winners, would mean that we'd have to know by tomorrow, giving us Tuesday to Wednesday (One day), Wednesday to Thursday (One day), and Thursday to Friday (One day), for a total of three days.

So I think it'd be safe to say that we'd know by tomorrow (Tuesday April 30th).  But that's just a guess.

(If they don't send emails and only do private messages here on the forum, then my thought process remains the same).

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully tomorrow we will hear from some potential winners here.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 28 (139 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Apr 30, 2013

newsense2008 wrote with hope:

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully tomorrow we will hear from some potential winners here.

I hope so too, Old Sense.  Best of luck to all who entered.

www.youtube.com/kazrisk
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 28 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Apr 30, 2013

cant wait!

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 28 (132 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
826 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

kaz_risk wrote:

newsense2008 wrote with hope:

I hope so too, Old Sense.  Best of luck to all who entered.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 28 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Apr 30, 2013
Haha well I'll chime in and say I didn't get any emails nor did I recieve any forum PM's. I didn't check PS3 inbox but I doubt I got anything there, either.

Frankenstein

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 28 (95 Views)
0 Likes