Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Re: Food in TLOU = poor design choice

[ Edited ]
Jun 2, 2013

I thought the food itself was a nice touch, but we should be able to store some in our back pack. The whole "only carrying one health item" struck me as a bit odd.

Message 11 of 19 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 3, 2013
I REALLY hope so.

I can live without a hunger need, and understand a lot of layers find such realism and challenge annoying (but like I said, It was my fave part of FNV and why I love the indie survival games currently in development).

But not being able to pick up food is frankly ridiculous and very cheap, IMO.
Message 12 of 19 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I think it hurt the seriousness created by the slow and real time use of the bandages :/ I have a tiny hope that they will remove the feature entirely. Imagine you have very low health and you're running away froma  couple of Runners. You grab a snack on your way and this gives you the little health you need to take them on without dying. This should be exciting, but as it breaks the seriousness of TLOU, it is not exciting. Remove the food! Remove the food! Leave it just as an aesthetic element on cutscenes.

Message 13 of 19 (82 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 3, 2013
I'm torn, because I love food mechanics in games and would much rather then fix food so that it canbe taken, heals over time and/or takes time to consume like using health kits (at least on higher difficulties), but I agree sadly that if it works as in the demo... I'd probably rather see health kits as the only healing method.

This is why I hate console-only games... PC Mods exist to solve problems like this!
Message 14 of 19 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Seriously? This is an actual problem? 

Ok then.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 15 of 19 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Not a big one. But I see it as a problem. In a game so good, it's an annoying imperfection. But no biggy, imo. My gripes are now with the MP. Most of the info seemed like bad news, to me.

Message 16 of 19 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Solid_Altair wrote:

I think it hurt the seriousness created by the slow and real time use of the bandages :/ I have a tiny hope that they will remove the feature entirely. Imagine you have very low health and you're running away froma  couple of Runners. You grab a snack on your way and this gives you the little health you need to take them on without dying. This should be exciting, but as it breaks the seriousness of TLOU, it is not exciting. Remove the food! Remove the food! Leave it just as an aesthetic element on cutscenes.

This.

Message 17 of 19 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jun 3, 2013

@ Soli_Altair - How does it sound like bad news?

Message 18 of 19 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Jun 3, 2013

@studio35

In a bunch of ways. Unfair progression, basically. I'm liking the game modes, though (the one that is not elimination, actually). But I think it would be better to keep it in the MP info threads :smileyhappy:

Message 19 of 19 (30 Views)
0 Likes