Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
769 posts

Re: For all the complainers on this forum...

May 12, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

PicnicViking wrote:

I agree with everyone else, none of us are mad or anything at Naughty Dog. I, along with others, appreciate that all the workers there are taking the extra time to make a polished, fine tuned game, in return for a little extra waiting, which I find completely fair.

On the topic of Multiplayer info, which would be nice to hear about, I know the guys/girls at Naughty Dog will release it when they think it's 100% presentable or ready. :smileyhappy:

Nonetheless, the days are getting closer anyway! And if you guys are slightly impatient such as myself, i'd recommend playing through some games as well to pass the time!

I am.

I'm very mad and ND deserve the slamming they get for their last lazy game.

Uncharted 3 wasn't lazy, it was and still is a very good game. You set your expectations too high, guy.

sig.png

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 59 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13336 posts

May 12, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

PicnicViking wrote:

I agree with everyone else, none of us are mad or anything at Naughty Dog. I, along with others, appreciate that all the workers there are taking the extra time to make a polished, fine tuned game, in return for a little extra waiting, which I find completely fair.

On the topic of Multiplayer info, which would be nice to hear about, I know the guys/girls at Naughty Dog will release it when they think it's 100% presentable or ready. :smileyhappy:

Nonetheless, the days are getting closer anyway! And if you guys are slightly impatient such as myself, i'd recommend playing through some games as well to pass the time!

I am.

Uncharted 3 wasn't lazy, it was and still is a very good game. You set your expectations too high, guy.

Not really. My expectations are not that high. I'm the same person who likes Lollipop Chainsaw.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 59 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

May 12, 2013

So you like that repetitive hack and slash, but bash U3? That's funny.  

Ah, and Psilo, pretty sure Aureillia's a girl.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 59 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8538 posts

May 12, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

PsiloCube wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

PicnicViking wrote:

I am.

Not really. My expectations are not that high. I'm the same person who likes Lollipop Chainsaw.

I don't think lazy is the right word. For Uncharted 3, Richard Lemarchand and other people worked 100 hour work weeks during crunch time. He left and became a school teacher. 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=556356

NASWIPP.png

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 59 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 12, 2013
My expectations for this game are through the roof. I'm bound to be disappointed.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 59 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

May 12, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

PsiloCube wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

PicnicViking wrote:

I am.

I don't think lazy is the right word. For Uncharted 3, Richard Lemarchand and other people worked 100 hour work weeks during crunch time. He left and became a school teacher. 

lazy. they should be working 100 hour workdays.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 59 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13336 posts

May 13, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

So you like that repetitive hack and slash, but bash U3? That's funny.  

Ah, and Psilo, pretty sure Aureillia's a girl.

It's only repetitive if you don't buy all the upgrades :smileyhappy:

and it doesn't have a sandstorm put into it for the sake of looking cool and sending many gamers asleep.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 59 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13336 posts

May 13, 2013

fadi002 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

PsiloCube wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

PicnicViking wrote:

I am.

lazy. they should be working 100 hour workdays.

He left after being ashamed of the product he contributed to... Probably.

If I put that much effort into something and it turned out that bad.. I'd probably just give up.

Even though the story is a complete wreck, I'm angry at the MP more than anything.

Generally the story is okay, a little boring and bland and has things in there that have no place there. Aside from that the gameplay is okay.

But the MP is totally unforgivable after playing the summer beta. That was amazing.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 59 (75 Views)
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

You always refer to that sandstorm in times of need eh? Haha. I liked it, was a nice touch. I would of cut a few sections out still. 

But, buying combos means you can't get health upgrades or other useful items. The repititiveness wasn't the only flaw, but I won't get into that.  

Never mind, answered above.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 59 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13336 posts

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

You always refer to that sandstorm in times of need eh? Haha. I liked it, was a nice touch. I would of cut a few sections out still. 

But, buying combos means you can't get health upgrades or other useful items. The repititiveness wasn't the only flaw, but I won't get into that.  

Never mind, answered above.

You don't really need health upgrades. It's pretty easy to play it. But from what I remember there was health upgrades and useful items that upgrade the special abilities.

The Sandstorm, the ship escape, the whole plotline once Drake gets hit by darts... It all gets ruined by those things. especially the darts thing from a narrative perspective. That dart walk of doom is just as annoying as the other two set pieces.

Yeah the ship escaping thing does play pretty well and from a gameplay stance I don't have a problem with it, but it's so cliche.. I've seen it a thousand times before. It adds nothing when It's been done a load of times in the past. Well from the story it generally didn't add a single thing anyway. it was just... There.

There were set pieces like the spider thing too, they actually did add something, they were there because of the curse. It made sense, the ones I discussed and don't like were either out of place or boring.

It also leaves the biggest plothole ever. We don't know who Drake is apparently, but it's okay, we'd have all forgotten that was said in the game by the end...

After that.. I was like.. Yeaaaah this is going to rock.. Then the story just... Didn't progress at all. That is the problem beyond the boring or uninventive set pieces.

When I play Uncharted, I expect it to make sense. When I play something like Lollipop Chainsaw, I know it shouldn't be making sense. I don't mind if something doesn't make sense, as long as I buy it knowing that. I expected Uncharted to be way better than that. It's not high expectations, it's just that it's not a very good design for a game.

Uncharted 1 and 2 both made sense and had reasons for the set pieces, I love those games for getting it right. Uncharted 3 is just all wrong from about Chapter 9 onwards

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 59 (62 Views)