Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 06 2013
By: seanconor Lombax Warrior 210 posts

For the gun buffs...

7 replies 249 views Edited Jun 6, 2013

For people who have the demo and are familiar with guns, do the reload animations stay true to the characteristics of the real gun. I find it really annoying when reloads aren't realistic, like the FN FAL in UC2 where drake would .**bleep** the gun on the wrong side.

Message 1 of 8 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Re: For the gun buffs...

Jun 6, 2013

Guns feel really good IMO...

Message 2 of 8 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1571 posts

Jun 6, 2013

I don't know much about guns but I love reloading the 9mm and the revolver.

Message 3 of 8 (227 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
868 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 6, 2013

Mostly realistic I would say but it does have it's flaws. In the demo, the pistol's slide gets locked back automatically whenever Joel reloads his gun even if he still has bullets in it. I'm sure it will be in the full game too. In the IGN review video, I saw Joel shoot 2 rounds out the bolt action rifle without reloading (impossible to do), and also saw him reload the gun the wrong way in a Lincoln gameplay video when the player swiapped shoulder view. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 8 (204 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1204 posts

Jun 6, 2013

Mostly ok - I mean, there were like 9 bullets in my demo, so hard to say - but unlike most games, Joel does have a limited suppy and aimation looks good - he loads faster than in real life, but dude, that would be annoying if it was just like life

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 5 of 8 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Jun 6, 2013

So far it's basically what I expected, naughty dog isn't great at reloads.

Message 6 of 8 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Jun 6, 2013

Not extremely realistic. There still has yet to be a game that when you reload you lose whatever bullets were in the clip that you took out and didn't use. I don't mind this at all in games, because it would be tedious, but in TLOU I think you should try to figure out how many bullets you have in the gun before reloading, not just always knowing.

Last Of Us GOTY
Message 7 of 8 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Jun 6, 2013

luigi1002 wrote:

Not extremely realistic. There still has yet to be a game that when you reload you lose whatever bullets were in the clip that you took out and didn't use. I don't mind this at all in games, because it would be tedious, but in TLOU I think you should try to figure out how many bullets you have in the gun before reloading, not just always knowing.

There's tons of games that do those. Most are indie.

sig.png

Message 8 of 8 (122 Views)
0 Likes