Jun 01 2013
By: X_Skynet_X Lombax Warrior 172 posts

Forget the clickers, why are the runners...

13 replies 645 views Edited Jun 1, 2013

So **bleep** scary!? I was playing the demo on my plasma with headphones on and it was pretty dark in my room and I thought the clicker I passed was scary in the since that he can beat your a ss with one hit but the runners, though weaker, sound scary as hell! You can hear them talking and grunting and it's so unnerving! Plus after you figure you lost them while slammin that sprint button you turn around to see him slam you against a wall and try to eat you!

I was so scared my first playthourgh. :smileylol: Anyone else get scared?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (645 Views)
Splicer
70 posts

Re: Forget the clickers, why are the runners...

Jun 1, 2013

lol i wasnt scared but i can agree with you that the runners seem to at least sound more devastating than the clickers ! plus runners are kinda fast , i sprinted down the hall & went into a room thinking i was safe but when i turned around a runner was 1 step back trying to grab & beat me to death -_-

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (626 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 1, 2013

IBiG_IMonEy_xTN wrote:

lol i wasnt scared but i can agree with you that the runners seem to at least sound more devastating than the clickers ! plus runners are kinda fast , i sprinted down the hall & went into a room thinking i was safe but when i turned around a runner was 1 step back trying to grab & beat me to death -_-

Haha, that's awesome. xD

But Iknowright!? I was sure I lost them and it made me jump as I turned around to hear one bark strange language at me and I found out how fast and precise they give chase. :smileyhappy: 4 seconds later I died by runner gang bang. (That's where they corner you!)

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (595 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Jun 1, 2013

You're kind of pressured to be stealthy whenever you encounter the infected because they're going to charge right at you and not be scared of your gun unlike the hunters.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2309 posts

Jun 1, 2013

I felt really bad for them. At that part where you fight all the infected, I just sat there listening to them all. They sound like they are in a lot of pain really trying to resist, and the way some of them will just start talking/screaming cmplete gibberish is insane.

Very haunting...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (477 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

^ Agreed. At times it almost sounds like their crying. It's pretty sad.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (445 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

The Runners are my favorite enemies in TLOU. They remind me alot of 28 Days Later infected and I love me some running "zombies". The Stalkers seem to be as fast too judging from the story trailer. I will also be watching World War Z for the running zombies. :smileyhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2309 posts

Jun 3, 2013

EDSTA713 wrote:

The Runners are my favorite enemies in TLOU. They remind me alot of 28 Days Later infected and I love me some running "zombies". The Stalkers seem to be as fast too judging from the story trailer. I will also be watching World War Z for the running zombies. :smileyhappy:

You mean the tsunami of zombies. lol

Seriously what is up with that, it bugs me so much.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jun 3, 2013
Ughh I hate how they pile on top or each other making human ladders in that movie. Looks ridiculous. But I agree.. The runners are definitely the most frightening so far.. Just hearing them scream behind you when you're trying to get away.. Spooky spooky.. Just when you think you've gotten away you turn around and see three rushing you. Awesome.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (309 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Jun 3, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

EDSTA713 wrote:

You mean the tsunami of zombies. lol

Seriously what is up with that, it bugs me so much.

It agree it does look ridiculous but I will still go and see it. I want Boyle to make 28 Months Later, 28 Years Later, 28 Centuries later, etc. LMAO.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (298 Views)
0 Likes